iCloud randomly turned off

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else ran into this here and if anyone found a permanent solution?

I have been on iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S since day 1 of the public release. On Monday, I updated to iOS 7.0.2. Last night, I did NOT play with my phone or change anything. Plug it into the charger and went to sleep as normal. When I woke up, everything about my primary iCloud account EXCEPT "Find my iPhone" was turned off. My contacts were gone, my emails were gone, my photo stream, my iCloud Backup, etc.

I logged into iCloud.com and saw that everything was still there. Turned them on on my phone and all seems to be holding well so far. At NO point did I get any password pop ups or any error messages. When I turned iCloud Backup on, it says my last backup was yesterday morning, meaning that last night/this morning, my backup never took place.

I see an Apple Thread about this at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5335046?start=105&tstart=0 . However, the people there seem to be going back and forth as if multiples similar but different issues are trying to be addressed. Like I said, I had no password prompts and when I went to my iCloud details, it still popped up what plan I had (5GB free) and how much was in use. So to me, that means the password and login info was not corrupted.

Any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never experienced anything like that, and if I had, I would have deleted the ipsw file from my computer, put my device in DFU mode, connected it to iTunes and had it install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version and then set up my device as new....:)

stewm

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had this same problem. It was all the time on the iPhone 5 until I went into all the different parts, itunes store settings, icloud settings etc, anywhere that it stores the password. Signed out of them and then signed back in completely. The problem vanished and it hasn't asked me to enter the password since.

Though it frustrating. I had to do it on my iPhone because it was not even using my current email address for iCloud and iTunes and had restored with an older one that I stopped using on some of the settings and in others it would show the correct information but the character count on the password was short by one or two characters (one or two less little blobs).

It worked for me and might work for you.