icloud photos for windows 10 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I want to ask few questions about icloud iphotos on windows 10 PC
1. With the icloud photos, does it mean all my iphone's pictures on icloud will showed / synced on my PC ?
2. if yes, will it eat up my PC storage ?
3. the "icloud photos" setting, to upload and store your PC photo library in icloud => meaning this only for upload from PC to icloud photo ?

thx

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I want to ask few questions about icloud iphotos on windows 10 PC
1. With the icloud photos, does it mean all my iphone's pictures on icloud will showed / synced on my PC ?
2. if yes, will it eat up my PC storage ?
3. the "icloud photos" setting, to upload and store your PC photo library in icloud => meaning this only for upload from PC to icloud photo ?

thx

1: Yes, all photos and videos on your iPhone will be synced to a folder on your computer.

2: Yes, it will eat up your storage. However, this entirely depends on how many photos and videos you have. For example, I only have 50GB worth of photos in iCloud Photo Library.
It also depends on how big your computer storage is. My computer has 16TB of storage available, so I’m not at all worried about storage.

3: I’m not sure about that. I stopped using iCloud Photo Library on windows.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
hi, thx for your answers

2: Yes, it will eat up your storage. However, this entirely depends on how many photos and videos you have. For example, I only have 50GB worth of photos in iCloud Photo Library.
It also depends on how big your computer storage is. My computer has 16TB of storage available, so I’m not at all worried about storage.

=> I tried, and it seems like we can choose to "not download/free up space" from icloud photos PC. But it does eat up some space though (for the thumbnail)

3. since google photos will discontinue their free storage services, I plan to move all my photos to icloud, since i have appleone icloud storage, and connect the icloud to my PC

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I understand.
I stopped using my PC for photos altogether.
My iPhone is my main computer so to say.
I only use my computer as an entertainment center.

frederickdawg

Feb 5, 2021
Visit site
Wow, and this was me thinking if I enabled and used iCloud for files and photos on Windows 10 then all the files and photos of my PC would also sync and upload to the iCloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR