iCloud Photo Library stuck uploading at 1%

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 7 (iOS 11, upgraded to beta version about a week before official release) has been stuck uploading my Camera Roll to iCloud Photo Library at 1% for several days. I’ve already signed in and out of iCloud, turned my phone off and on again, done a hard reset, and turned off iCloud Photo Library in Settings. I’m not sure what to do now so any suggestions would be really helpful!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.
Make sure you’re connected to wifi and have your phone on the charger while you’re sleeping.
In theory this should allow for iCloud Music Library to complete any syncing.

If you have any questions please register here to our forum. We love to help.

kittykat124

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I am also having this issue. I have 20,000 photos on my iCloud but only 10,000 are downloading onto my phone. I've tried turning my iCloud photos off and on, signing in and out of my iTunes, and restoring my phone. Still, the iCloud photo library stays stuck at 1% (for over four months) and at 10,000 photos. I've spent many hours on the phone to Apple with no resolution. Unfortunately it's not a simple section of photos missing, it's random photos from throughout my whole library. I have 40GB of photos in total, with a 200GB iCloud storage limit and a 256GB iPhone 8 so space is not an issue. Interestingly, if I delete a photo off my iCloud, it does not delete off my iPhone. However, all photos taken on my iPhone appear on the cloud.

Last edited:

AMDphreak

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
I have this problem too. It's irritating as heck. I was having problems with "not enough storage" before and then I deleted a bunch of videos from iCloud and my device, and retried the sync, and it finally stopped giving me an error message, and showed it syncing, but it has been stuck at 1% and not syncing any more.

I deleted a large video while it was syncing, so it may have caused a problem.

I am also having this issue. I have 20,000 photos on my iCloud but only 10,000 are downloading onto my phone. I've tried turning my iCloud photos off and on, signing in and out of my iTunes, and restoring my phone. Still, the iCloud photo library stays stuck at 1% (for over four months) and at 10,000 photos. I've spent many hours on the phone to Apple with no resolution. Unfortunately it's not a simple section of photos missing, it's random photos from throughout my whole library. I have 40GB of photos in total, with a 200GB iCloud storage limit and a 256GB iPhone 8 so space is not an issue. Interestingly, if I delete a photo off my iCloud, it does not delete off my iPhone. However, all photos taken on my iPhone appear on the cloud.

This is not even close to the same. Yours is a DOWNLOAD problem. Hers is an UPLOAD problem. The sources of these problems are going to likely be very different.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2