iCloud Music Library HELP!

Charissex3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have an Apple Music subscription. I also have a library full of music that I have collected over the years.

I have a MacPook Pro where my iCloud library is stored. I have an 128 GB iPhone 7 Plus, as well as iPad Air 2. My entire library is synced to my iPhone. None of my library is synced to my iPad, I just use the music app to listen to music.

However, I want to be able to make a playlist of different songs I come across on Apple Music, that are not in my personal library. So that I can access the songs at a later time. I keep getting the following prompt:

“To add songs and playlists to your Library, you must use iCloud Music Library.
Songs and playlists from this computer will merge into iCloud Music Library so you can listen across all your devices.”
I have two options, either ‘Not Now” or “Merge Library”

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 6.10.03 PM.png

I do not want to turn on iCloud Music library because it tries to match what in my library with what is in theirs. This ruined my library a few months ago.

So basically its like I can only just stream the music, but not create any playlists from it without turning on iCloud Music Library. Am I doing something wrong, is this the only way to be able to save playlists from songs I find in Apply Music?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR