@iCloud.com email address

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use their @iCloud.com email address as your primary email,
or at all?

I’ve had an iCloud email address since my 4S days. I haven’t used it in a several years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use it as one of my backup email accounts, but that’s about it. Come to think of it…I don’t know when or how my iCloud email became a backup email account. I mean it’s amazing that an account that was initially a backup email account has become my primary email account. That’s crazy!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 email addresses.
iCloud is primary and is for official business only.
Hotmail is for semi official stuff
And Gmail is for online shopping and spam.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've never set up my iCloud email account. I use Gmail for my primary, Yahoo for shopping and mailing lists, and Hotmail for serious junk.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It is my primary email for the last year including changing my AppleID to the iCloud address.

I’d say the negative is the Mail app misses some features that other email apps have. Separating emails are not as easy as Gmail or Yahoo apps. Apple should give a bit more love to the Email app.

IMHO the biggest plus (with iCloud+) is HideMyEmail. It’s fairly staggering in just one year how many sites and apps I sign up for with an email address. My HideMyEmail email names list is already extensive, I’d guess over a 100. I never use my primary iCloud email ever! except to give it to friends and family. So spam doesn’t exist coming to my actual email address, that address is known to no business except Apple. For my list of HideMyEmail addresses, that address can be shared-sold-stolen all day and year long, that spam marketing junk mail never makes to your email or even the spam folder. For example, You sign up for whatevernonsense.com. You use the HideMyEmail address (not evenApple knows this address belongs to you). That address strictly only accepts emails from whatevernonsense.com email domain. The myriad of junk and spam coming from numerous other domains gets rejected by iCloud servers. And if whatevernonsense.com starts sending too much nonsense, I just delete that HideMy address. Imho this is a great security and privacy tool. The cherry on top is in the background it makes big pernicious data gatherers go a bit bonkers. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal