iCloud + and Custom email

khi3erkhattak

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I am iCloud plus subscriber and I can use my Apple ID as custom domain for email.

My question is when I change mx and txt records on my domain would it be changed for all emails or I can change it just for one email address out of 15.

Note I own the domain and have multiple email addresses.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I am iCloud plus subscriber and I can use my Apple ID as custom domain for email.

My question is when I change mx and txt records on my domain would it be changed for all emails or I can change it just for one email address out of 15.

Note I own the domain and have multiple email addresses.

The TXT records don’t affect message routing. If the record starts with “v=spf1”, it will affect outbound messaging as it lists all allowed outgoing mail servers.

When you change the MX record, it will change all inbound messages. Those define where your mailboxes are hosted, and it affects all mailboxes inside that specific subdomain.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I’m only using one email address on my domain but I may have to try a second one just to see what happens.

khi3erkhattak

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
The TXT records don’t affect message routing. If the record starts with “v=spf1”, it will affect outbound messaging as it lists all allowed outgoing mail servers.

When you change the MX record, it will change all inbound messages. Those define where your mailboxes are hosted, and it affects all mailboxes inside that specific subdomain.

So this mean I cannot route a single email, all domain emails will be routed?

khi3erkhattak

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
That is correct. It’s a fundamental infrastructure behaviour and not specific to any specific service (incl. iCloud+)

I have a business email which forwarded to gmail and then I have send only account in gmail. In that way I can send and received my business email using gmail.

Is there any way I can use the same thing with iCloud email?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a business email which forwarded to gmail and then I have send only account in gmail. In that way I can send and received my business email using gmail.

Is there any way I can use the same thing with iCloud email?

That's a completely different feature that Google Mail, Exchange and Outlook have, called POP/SMTP (or email client). iCloud+ does not have that feature currently.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner