I0S 8: MY most hated OS . PLease help...

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So, i accidentally updated to ios 8 without thinking. I was jail broken. I wanna downgrade back to 7.1.2 and I have the files. (ISPW) I am not sure whether i will keep apps, so i really need help.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to downgrade now as Apple has stopped signing those versions. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for iOS 8 to be jail broken. I'm curious though about this accidental update as the software update in settings won't even show an update when jail broken. The only way to do it is manually through iTunes.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
depends when your last back up was- if you were on iOS 8 then you won't be able to use that back up on iOS 7. You may have to add your stuff manually

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to downgrade now as Apple has stopped signing those versions. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for iOS 8 to be jail broken. I'm curious though about this accidental update as the software update in settings won't even show an update when jail broken. The only way to do it is manually through iTunes.

I had heard people were able to downgrade yesterday but apple must have stopped that

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So, i accidentally updated to ios 8 without thinking. I was jail broken. I wanna downgrade back to 7.1.2 and I have the files. (ISPW) I am not sure whether i will keep apps, so i really need help.

You cannot go back. Apple has stopped signing (authorizing activation) of previous versions.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
ios8 really isnt all that bad, but i dont see how you can do an accidental update unless you just got click happy when the pop up shows to update but even then you have time to cancel the download before it does anything. either way, im not sure if apple has stopped signing 7.1.2 casue via this link Firmware Links - Download iOS Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV / Just a Penguin it shows as its still being signed but ive read others not being able to go back to it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you can not go back, just use your time without jailbreak to learn about iOS 8. There are many new features. I have a feeling a jailbreak for iOS 8 won't be too far off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Apple is still signing 7.1.2 as of today. I rolled back just last night. If you have or can download the ipsw go for it before they really do stop signing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods