I would like to use Facebook pictures as my contacts pictures.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I would like to use Facebook pictures as my contacts pictures. When I tried to do with using settings nothing happens.

Anything I need to know?

Thanks,
A.B.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So you go to settings>Facebook>turn on contacts, and the Facebook profile pics don't show in contacts? I've never done that. I use my own pics for contacts. A few I saved from Facebook. Some of my contact's profile photos come from Google Contacts. I don't have your answer, but I'm looking for anything about it. About how many contacts with Facebook do you have? Could you just go to their Timeline and save the profile pic, then add to contact? I'd do that if it were not too many.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
All,

I would like to use Facebook pictures as my contacts pictures. When I tried to do with using settings nothing happens.

Anything I need to know?

Thanks,
A.B.

Maybe a dumb question - did you check the privacy settings for contacts?

I assume you have contacts turned on in the FB settings too. I haven't used the feature since long. Don't want FB to store all the phone numbers on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that it does some but not all. I am not sure why?

Ok, so you managed to get it to sync but you only had few sync but not others - there are multiple reasons for the same, say, if you don't have an email address attached to a contact, the FB user is not sharing/locked his/her email address and the the contact actually does not have his/her phone number on FB. There is no link so the app will not be able to sync the contact.

Firstly, I don't know if you noticed - contacts that synced now have a field name "Facebook" with their FB IDs. This will help merge contacts if you have to.

Secondly, the easiest way to check the sync is add an email address (being used for FB) for a contact that is not yet synced with FB and it will sync and give you the image.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
It's not fully working for me either. I know there is info in the contacts missing the photo to link to fb, they even have the Facebook profile in their contact info, but still no pic. The contacts that I retrieved from fb however, have the profile pic. Can't figure out what's amiss.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I just used an app called facedown. It worked great for me. It would have been nice if ios and Facebook would have had this functionality working in the first place though.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Could always take a screen shot ( hold lock and home at same time ) then add photo to the contact. You can always crop or zoom to get it right.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Was a solution to this found? My sync only pulls like 40 contacts down. And yes, most of the ones it neglects have information on their profile.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I been using Syncme for a while now. Keeps the pics updated which I really don't care about but that's what it does.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro