I would like to know if my iPhone 6s can meet my requirements before I buy it?

I

iMore Question

I would like to know if iPhone 6s can meet my requirements before I buy it.

I tried posting my questions on Apple community, however, I did not get any reply. So hopefully, I will have my questions answered here.
I have been using i-phone 4 since 2010 and never upgraded. The present version is 7.1.2
I want to buy a new i phone 6s and would like to know if 6s offers below functionalities. I am not good at using the phone but I think now is the time to upgrade myself. Please bear with me if what I am looking for something that is not possible on any smart phone available in the market. But if that's the case please let me know.

1. I travel a lot and I would like to have MS office app that will allow me to edit MS word, excel, and ppt files and store on my cell phone for computer transfer or email. If so, can you modify equations in MS word, run a macro in excel and do animations and smart art in ppt?

2. Can you write notes/comments on a pdf file, the way you would do on a tablet?

3. Can you filter the emails using "from" "date" "attachment" etc, the same way you would do in MS outlook?

4. Can you store files on phone like a USB drive? I would like to use bluetooth on a windows computer to transfer files to the phone when USB drive or internet is not available. It happens to me a lot of times on the field.

5. I observed in iphone 4, when I dial in a number and if I type in an incorrect digit, I can not move the cursor in between the digits to edit a specific digit. It requires me to delete all digits and redial the entire number again. Is this the case with iphone 6s as well?

6. Can I transfer an image or video to an android phone using bluetooth? (and even to an iphone for that matter)

7. Can you share your calendar with other iphone or android phone or email it?

8. I can store a big size video or voice memo or email attachment on Google drive or any other online storage media.

9. Is it possible to create multiple user profiles on the 6s?

I do realize that a phone may not have a computer's capabilities, however, I would like to explore what a phone is capable of too.Thank you for your help/support in advance.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: I would like to know if iPhone 6s can meet my requirements before I buy it.

There is a handwriting recognition keyboard in the App Store, if that helps.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I would like to know if iPhone 6s can meet my requirements before I buy it.

Welcome to iMore! Here goes nothing...

1. I travel a lot and I would like to have MS office app that will allow me to edit MS word, excel, and ppt files and store on my cell phone for computer transfer or email. If so, can you modify equations in MS word, run a macro in excel and do animations and smart art in ppt? Yes to all of those things. You can install Office for iOS.

2. Can you write notes/comments on a pdf file, the way you would do on a tablet? Yes, there are many PDF apps that will allow you to markup PDF files.

3. Can you filter the emails using "from" "date" "attachment" etc, the same way you would do in MS outlook? Yes.

4. Can you store files on phone like a USB drive? I would like to use bluetooth on a windows computer to transfer files to the phone when USB drive or internet is not available. It happens to me a lot of times on the field. You can't use an iPhone as you would a USB drive but you can certainly install and use cloud storage services like DropBox and OneDrive.

5. I observed in iphone 4, when I dial in a number and if I type in an incorrect digit, I can not move the cursor in between the digits to edit a specific digit. It requires me to delete all digits and redial the entire number again. Is this the case with iphone 6s as well? That behavior has not changed.

6. Can I transfer an image or video to an android phone using bluetooth? (and even to an iphone for that matter) You can use AirDrop to transfer photos and videos to other AirDrop-enabled iOS/OS X devices but not to Android.

7. Can you share your calendar with other iphone or android phone or email it? Yes. Sync with Google or another email service and share. You can use iCloud to share with other iCloud users.

8. I can store a big size video or voice memo or email attachment on Google drive or any other online storage media. Yes.

9. Is it possible to create multiple user profiles on the 6s? No, one user per device.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You actually can use the iPhone like a usb drive. Idk if Bluetooth would work but plugging it in you can store files as you would a usb drive

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2