I Want to Play my iPhone's Music In The Car

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions for what kind of accessory I should get?

If your existing car audio system has a line input, just a cord with the proper ends will do.

If you want to get a little more exotic, you could go with a cord with gizmo inline to have some control over the iPod functions on your phone like the one posted above... and there are lots of others out there. Google or Bing might be a good place to start looking... or, if you're into something more - there are car audio systems with built-in capability to plug into the iPhone's dock port... or car audio systems your iPhone will see as a bluetooth headset for calls and speakers for the iPod functions... there are lots and lots of options out there.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an Alpine car stereo that is made to work with iPods. About the only "good" thing it does is answer the phone flawlessly (via Bluetooth). Any listening to of music or podcasts requires using the Alpine navigation, which is absolutely HORRENDOUS. Awful. Horrifying. It won't even save a place in a podcast- it always goes back to the very first one. SO annoying. Yes this was mentioned in the reviews but I had no idea how bad it would be...And I thought I would be able to use Bluetooth to listen to music, but it doesn't work- just for Siri and the phone. At least it works well with Siri.

The deck I had before that was a Pioneer, and while it didn't let me use handsfree for the phone, I could use the native iPod navigation. It had a cord that came out from the back that plugged into the iPod.

Last edited:

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Kenwood stereo that is designed to be used with iPhones and iPod's. It has a USB and auxiliary port that I just plug into it and bodda bing bodda boom I have music from my iPhone/iPod playing through my car stereo.

I can control what I listen to from the phone. A friend of mine had an issue with his pioneer where it wouldn't let him do that so he changed some settings in iOS and it allowed him to control from the phone.

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the Droid Roadster Portable Bluetooth Speaker that I use with my iPhone which I bought from Verizon. It works well and pairs with the iPhone without any issues. Here's the link:

Set Your Location

chargerdan

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this item for $30 at Fry's and it works great. I used to have a direct connection from the dock connector to the stereo for music and a BT headset for calls. Now I can do both thru the stereo and I haven't noticed a difference in sound quality for music. I don't know if I would buy it at the normal price of $80 but for $30 it was well worth it.

Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth F4U037tt

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just use one those old school tape deck adapters that plugs right into the headphone jack. Works great except no cars come standard with tape decks anymore

Setanta

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Motorola T505 for over a year with a BB.
Since making the switch to i4s, it has been working great.
I originally bought it because I use a couple of different vehicles and it's easily switched.
I never even thought about it being cross-platform until I switched.
I'm glad I went that route in hindsight.

I cannot post links yet, but I see it's on sale in tipb store for $85.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR