I want to buy iPhone 3G

racongpios

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I want to buy an unlocked iPhone 3G from ebay, I want to know that if I buy it from ebay, what all risks are involved with that.

I do not want to go into a contract. I basically want to buy an unlocked one and use it with some other carrier.

Has anyone bought the 3G from ebay without getting into a contract?

Thanks

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Well there are two ways to unlock an iPhone. By hardware and by software. With the software you can take off the unlocking code. I personally wouldn't get a 3G unlocked, because you don't know how the person unlocked it. Also if Apple puts out a better OS (for example one with cut and paste) you can't get it because your phone is unlocked and it might not work anymore if you decide to update it's software.

You should get the first gen iPhone (unlocked) off of eBay instead. It has 2.0, it's cheaper. Currently the first gen is going for $500, while the iPhone 3G is going for $800 on eBay. Also you can't use 3G on another GSM network I don't think.

racongpios

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Actually I want to take it to my country. I want to use it on the GSM network there. Is it possible?

Also, what about the contract, how are these guys selling the 3G on ebay without the contract?

kevindoyle

Aug 3, 2008
www.teckh.com
I was under the impression that you could not currently carrier unlock the 3G phone. This means that the phone could not be used on another carrier. It might be jailbroken but not carrier unlocked.

keviss

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I love 3G iPhone. I bought my 3G iPhone from Greece last month. It has really wonderful features, I enjoy it. You can contact to good person who can help you out. Here is his Email id zoomobileslimited.com

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I was under the impression that you could not currently carrier unlock the 3G phone. This means that the phone could not be used on another carrier. It might be jailbroken but not carrier unlocked.

You indeed can unlock the iPhone 3G but it must have firmware version 2.2 or lower in order to do so. Anything newer than that and you are out of luck.

shtzsaluja

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i phone 4gs at cheap rates

i want to sell i phone@
3g 8gb(unlocked) @ 20k
3g 16gb(unlocked)@ 23k
4gs 16gb(unlocked)@29k
4gs 32gb(unlocked)@35k
if anyone wants to buy any of these please contact
rahul 7503837046
NOTE: All the phones are unlocked and seal packed with all the accessories