I wanna know...safe to buy iphone 5 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes?I don't think Apple would consider those defective. But as I said above that doesn't mean it couldn't be exchanged. My point is that the issue will still be there because those phones are considered ok for resale.

Once again good luck to the OP!

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 64GB at a Verizon store yesterday. Used it in my car on bluetooth all day. Got home and tried to make a call, earpiece was blown couldn't understand caller and static. The phone was flawless physically though :) I was worried about getting it replaced, the store took care of me, exchanged it with another new one. All is well with this one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I got one about 10 days ago and it has that sleep/power button rattle. I have no plans
to return it. Doesn't bother me at all. The rest of the phone is just fine.

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Got mine from an Apple store a week ago, and it is perfect. Pristine and rattle-less. I am with those that don't think it is asking too much to start with a flawless phone.

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Got mine from an Apple store a week ago, and it is perfect. Pristine and rattle-less. I am with those that don't think it is asking too much to start with a flawless phone.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked up a 16GB iphone 5 tonight. I thoroughly examined it in the store and left thinking it was perfect. Got it home and went to install a screen protector. I noticed there is a small gash in the screen. Couldn't see it in the AT&T store. I'm so upset as they're now going to charge me a restocking fee.

AT&T will not exchange it, they've made that abundantly clear. I could take it to the Apple tomorrow and see what they can do. It just bothers me getting a refurbished phone. I'm so upset. Maybe just call it quits? This is obviously a warning. Third defective iPhone 5.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I do, I'll take that one ignorant guy's comment and stick with my 4s as that works fine.

I'm done. It's absolutely pathetic I can't get a flawless iphone. I'm done, this is too aggravating and frustrating. Thanks guys for your support.

Of course even if I changed my mind Apple probably won't help. They'll think I did it. I'm just going to return it to att and not mention it

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you post a pic of the gash?

Out of curiosity, did you have trouble finding a 4S that was up to snuff?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There's no flawless iPhone!!! Good Lord it's just a phone that will be replaced by the next gen in a year. If you look for OCD defects you will find one where normal people won't even have the time in their life to look for. I'm sorry to be rude but this is just insane!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Receiving an iPhone that sounds like a loose piece inside fell out doesn't make me OCD. Receiving an iPhone with a loose sleep wake button does. Receiving a phone with a small gash in the screen doesn't make me OCD either.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this is still happening two months later.

I have come to the confusion I don't need a new phone and the 4s is fine.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Receiving an iPhone that sounds like a loose piece inside fell out doesn't make me OCD. Receiving an iPhone with a loose sleep wake button does. Receiving a phone with a small gash in the screen doesn't make me OCD either.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this is still happening two months later.

I have come to the confusion I don't need a new phone and the 4s is fine.

I'm not going to lie, my earlier days since getting the iPhone 4. I used to be OCD of small defects. After numerous exchanges, I've come to realize that there is no such thing as a flawless iPhone. Almost all of them has some kind of QC issues if you look for them. Unfortunately, this is just the result of iPhones being mass produced at such a fast rate. Does this make me steer away from getting the latest and greatest iPhone? No. Sure I have some small issues that would have bother me on my OCD days. Knowing the big risk of exchanging for a small issue, I would rather keep one that I can live with. My iPhone FYI, is scuffless but the power button is slightly loose but otherwise works as supposed to. I'm keeping this simply because the first two had a dead pixel and scratched camera lense that affected the photos. After 3 weeks, I have a hairline scratch on my iPhone but only visible under close inspection and under light. It does not bother me one bit because in reality these devices will be worn out with use over time And I don't even keep my iPhones more than a year. If you are giving up on the 5 for such small issues, then my friend you are missing out big time. You could be enjoying the 5 now but instead too caught up on these issues. I'm not here to judge you in anyway, if these things bother you then by all mean do what's best for you. I'm only trying to help because I've been in that road and much happier now that I can look past that and just enjoy the awesome iPhone. I hope you figure it out, best of luck. :)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Bummer. You seem to have THE worst luck. Although, you still decided to go to AT&T even though it was suggested to buy directly from apple. Maybe you don't have an apple store near you, I don't know, but this only reinforces my thoughts on buying from the carriers. I will not buy from them...ever!

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Evorc, that is just not true. Tons of people, me included, have gotten phones with no issues. The fact is that if you start with loose buttons or rattling, those things get WORSE with use, so why in the world would you want to start with one with these issues? As far as the scratch, that IS strictly cosmetic and will never affect how the phone works, so that is a personal choice. Some people can look past it, some cannot. This is NOT a cheap phone, and Apple sells how well made and beautiful teir phones are. So, they need to step up.

OP, if you aren't near enough to an Apple store, you are out of luck, as the carriers don't care enough to help, unfortunately.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well I picked up a 16GB iphone 5 tonight. I thoroughly examined it in the store and left thinking it was perfect. Got it home and went to install a screen protector. I noticed there is a small gash in the screen. Couldn't see it in the AT&T store. I'm so upset as they're now going to charge me a restocking fee.

AT&T will not exchange it, they've made that abundantly clear. I could take it to the Apple tomorrow and see what they can do. It just bothers me getting a refurbished phone. I'm so upset. Maybe just call it quits? This is obviously a warning. Third defective iPhone 5.

You didn't really thoroughly examine it enough then.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I do, I'll take that one ignorant guy's comment and stick with my 4s as that works fine.

I'm done. It's absolutely pathetic I can't get a flawless iphone. I'm done, this is too aggravating and frustrating. Thanks guys for your support.

Of course even if I changed my mind Apple probably won't help. They'll think I did it. I'm just going to return it to att and not mention it

Phew...i was afraid we'd have to continue reading more about this.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
There's no flawless iPhone!!! Good Lord it's just a phone that will be replaced by the next gen in a year. If you look for OCD defects you will find one where normal people won't even have the time in their life to look for. I'm sorry to be rude but this is just insane!

Plenty of people posting in this very thread about how perfect their iPhones are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen