I think I miss my 7 Plus

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy my X. It's a good device. But the other day I saw a 7 Plus in Matte Black and realized how much I think I miss that device. Size, battery life, camera and the matte black color. It was a homerun of a device. It might have taken the place of the 5S on my all time favorite iPhone. I've seriously been considering selling off my X for it. Maybe I'm crazy, lol.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy my X. It's a good device. But the other day I saw a 7 Plus in Matte Black and realized how much I think I miss that device. Size, battery life, camera and the matte black color. It was a homerun of a device. It might have taken the place of the 5S on my all time favorite iPhone. I've seriously been considering selling off my X for it. Maybe I'm crazy, lol.

I know precisely how you feel. I so miss my matte black 7+. It really was a helluva device. The X that replaced it is nice but...but....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The matte black iPhone 7 Plus is indeed an awesome device. When I was in NC just before Christmas, I replaced the screen on the iPhone 7 Plus (Black) that I gave to a family member and I, too, noticed it’s awesomeness...(Laughing), but not to the degree of wanting to give up my iPhone X, though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The matte black iPhone 7 Plus is indeed an awesome device. When I was in NC just before Christmas, I replaced the screen on the iPhone 7 Plus (Black) that I gave to a family member and I, too, noticed it’s awesomeness...(Laughing), but not to the degree of wanting to give up my iPhone X, though.

Lol, I hear you. I'd personally love a Matte Black color option for the X. I understand that may conflict with the wireless charging though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I know precisely how you feel. I so miss my matte black 7+. It really was a helluva device. The X that replaced it is nice but...but....

It was! I just haven't fallen in love with my X in the same way that I have past iPhones, though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I hear you. I'd personally love a Matte Black color option for the X. I understand that may conflict with the wireless charging though.

I'm working remotely today so I can reply a bit sooner that I normally would....:)....Anyway, it's amazing how well thought out & designed Apple's iPhone models are. Now if they can get back to making iOS as well thought out & designed as the iPhone, that would be great. Know what I mean?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm working remotely today so I can reply a bit sooner that I normally would....:)....Anyway, it's amazing how well thought out & designed Apple's iPhone models are. Now if they can get back to making iOS as well thought out & designed as the iPhone, that would be great. Know what I mean?

Agreed.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing & recently started using my 7 Plus again lol. My X & 8 are still my daily drivers but I have an extra line, so I popped the old sim back in my 7 Plus & have been enjoying it ever since. Although I don’t want to go back to the daily heft, the jet black is beautiful & feels amazing!!!

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The 7 series was the series I skipped and to this day I still look online for a deal on a matte black plus thats too good to pass up. I like the X but that matte black 7 series is gorgeous.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I just started a post talking just about this. I should have looked before posting it. I am glad that I am not alone and just missing my 7+. I could sell my 8+ and get another 7+ but that doesn't make sense...

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just started a post talking just about this. I should have looked before posting it. I am glad that I am not alone and just missing my 7+. I could sell my 8+ and get another 7+ but that doesn't make sense...

Only you can decide what makes sense for you. If you wanted to sell the 8+ and get a 7+ that’s fine but, hopefully, you’d not take too much of a fiscal beating. What color 8+ did you get?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The 7 series was the series I skipped and to this day I still look online for a deal on a matte black plus thats too good to pass up. I like the X but that matte black 7 series is gorgeous.

Yes...the Matte Black is probably the most gorgeous phone I've used in a long time. I loved that color. Maybe I'd be more in love with my X if it were in Matte Black lol.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Anyone had the colour chipping off on the Matte Black? Mine did in the very first week. Had the same problem on a 7 and 7 plus. Returned both. The Matte looks awesome when in good condition though.

For iPhones, the glass body makes sense because the paint quality never felt good on the 6 and 7 series phones IMO.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Anyone had the colour chipping off on the Matte Black? Mine did in the very first week. Had the same problem on a 7 and 7 plus. Returned both. The Matte looks awesome when in good condition though.

For iPhones, the glass body makes sense because the paint quality never felt good on the 6 and 7 series phones IMO.

I never had that problem with my matte black 7+.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I can’t speak to the matte black but my jet black Plus is immaculate.