I think I am having camera problem with my iPhone 5

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my iPhone5 few weeks ago.It's the first apple product I ever bought and I think I'm inlove with it so far.Yesterday I noticed scratches on the camera.I am not sure if they are outside or inside.I can see them only on light and special angle.So I started making pictures and here's what I got:

1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg1069314_681111951903003_801746472_n.jpg

Is this happening to someone else or it's just me?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like something a Apple Genius at an Apple store should look at... and if it's found to be defective hardware, you'll get a warranty replacement.

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Looks like something a Apple Genius at an Apple store should look at... and if it's found to be defective hardware, you'll get a warranty replacement.

Ok I am really scared now because I am living in Bulgaria and we dont have Apple store in our country.I bought it from Bulgarian's store and from what I just read we only have 1 authorized service.If it's hardweare problem are they suppoused to replace it?Are they going to replace it with new phone or with someone's else fixed phone?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Looks to me more like light refraction. Each of those shots is aimed directly at a light source. The photos almost directly mirror a light source in the frame.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're taking a picture into direct light, this is going to happen and it's not uncommon. If you start noticing it when you're not pointing it at a light source directly, then you have a problem.

dol4er

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think your device is perfectly fine and there is nothing to worry about. Such effect is normal when taking pictures against the sun or a lighting bulb.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Then how you get sunsets and sunrises with you iPhone :huh:

You have to play with the angle you use to take the picture itself...

yOGUO0a.jpg

...you can have a light source in the field of the picture, but shooting direct into that light source will sometimes/most times create this light refraction issue...

Direct...

tikZHfp.jpg

Slightly adjusted up...

BI52WS7.jpg

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I am so so so greateful for all your answers and I am finally starting to feel better :) I am really sorry for my dumb questions but I just left my Nokia 5800 that I used for like 4 years and this is the first apple product I ever bought (in Bulgaria they are not popular so I don't have someone to consult :( ).
Tomorrow I am going for a trip and after that to a pool so I will make lots of pictures and try to play with the light, because most of the time I am taking pictures agains light sources (street lamps,the sun,club lights and etc...) :)
I have another question for you.I am idealist and pedantic.When I bought my phone I noticed a little scratch on the left side but decided not to ask for another phone because the there was no more white ones available and the guy unboxed it in front of me so it wasn't his fault too.I put the phone in a *speck case and protector.Before few days I noticed a 2 tiny scratches on the camera visibale at light and special angle.I am sure I didnt caused it because I am babying this phone - i dont even put it in my pocket so something wont scratch it.This is the reason I started making those pictures around (and I freaked out with that light source thing).I don't know why,but I think everyone's cameras doesnt have scratches,like my phone is the only one with scratches on the camera and that thought makes me feel very disappointed.Probably because I didn't cause the scratch,because I believe the quality of the pictures is ruined(it may be with 2% but it could of been better)...Even now that you tell me this light source thing is normal and I believe you,I still continue asking myself what if there were no scratches?At first I was thinking to ask for replacement,but I am not sure if the scratches are on the outside or the inside of the camera.If they are outside even though I didnt caused them I cant prove them and I wont get another phone(and I am not sure how I would feel about changing it because I love my phone already and it's like giving piece of me,but the scratches makes me looking at the phone with another eyes).However the authorized service (because we dont have apple store) is far from me and I will have to travel half of the country just so they can check it and if they refuse to change it...would be a total waste of time,money and nerves.So I want to ask you - Are your cameras having scratches too?Please be honest :straight-face:
Also I want to ask you something about the sound on the iPhone.I played Lana Del Rey's music video called "young and beautiful" thru her vevo's youtube chanel(vevo is having great quality of sound and video) and I found interesting that the sound is fading and going low on thе "strongest" parts of the song.I downloaded her album thru iTunes and it's happening the same thing.The faiding is really annoying.I dont experience this kind of problems with the earbuds.I know this is a phone not a stereo, but is this fading normal?

I am really greatefull for all your answers and I am thanking you in advance again :)

P.S. Other then that I think that the phone is amazing and I start to believe that Apple is the best thing that ever happened to humanity :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Contact Apple and see if mail in exchange is available in your area. Other than that...not sure what to suggest to you, if it's bothering you that bad, driving to that store you referenced would at least eliminate the "what if" factor for you. Only you can answer the question your posing unfortunately...

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Photos look fine to me, I thought the quality was very good, maybe some reflection issues but good pictures.
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Here are some other pictures I've made recently:

6.jpg9.jpg
7.jpg10.jpg
8.jpg11.jpg

The day pictures are fantastic (if they are not aimed directly at a light source as you said)!

I want to figure the night pictures now so I am making pictures in the night now :)
Here are some photos from last night:

I took those 2 vertically
1.jpg2.jpg
and those 2 horizontal
3.jpg4.jpg
The scratches I was talking about are on left side of the camera witch mathes the relfections on the vert. pictures.When I moove the angle the "reflection" disappears or gets bigger (deppenging on the angle).Is this happening because the light somehow falls in them an they appear in the picture (because on the horizontal ones there is no such problem) or this is also happening to everyone else?

And finally I want to share with you one of my favorite pictures I took with iPhone5 :)

5.jpg

Last edited:

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok I think I am addicted into thinking I am having problems with my iPhone 5 and then realizing its all good.I madde some etests with the night pictures.I got out an made pictures with the same "effect",but this time i rotated the telephone.If it was scratch the "effect" was suppoused to rotate too,but it didn't so I guess my iPhone is fine,but I am officially insane... :rotfl:

20.jpg22.jpg
21.jpg23.jpg

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Try with phone out of case. I bought a cheap case and get light reflection in dark conditions or when using flash but perfect pics without case. Yeah my first thought was defect also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh