I purchased the base model

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
In the blue. I thought about this for a very long time. It’s an amazing desktop. My first iMac and I haven’t had a desktop in years.

I don’t regret purchasing the base model. I don’t need the extra plug ins
It doesn’t have the Touch ID and it’s not an issue. And when I am wearing my Apple Watch it unlocks it!

With my history of use and how I use it , the base model suits my needs greatly.

There is no need to spend more money on what you don’t need.

So if you like Apple and are questioning whether the base model is worth it, if it suits your needs it will be fine. If you need more than get a higher model

I have a friend who told me I threw money away

Why? It’s a fantastic desktop.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your new iMac. In regard to it being a base model, you’re absolutely right. Too many of us get caught up in specs and add-ons it’s like with cars. You can get a base model that goes from 0 to 60 in 5.6 seconds or you can spend thousands more and get a model that reaches 60 MPH in 4.7 seconds. Practical people will know the speed difference between the two is less than one second.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy and have a awesome rest of your evening.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
In the blue. I thought about this for a very long time. It’s an amazing desktop. My first iMac and I haven’t had a desktop in years.

It doesn’t have the Touch ID and it’s not an issue. And when I am wearing my Apple Watch it unlocks it!

With my history of use and how I use it , the base model suits my needs greatly.

So if you like Apple and are questioning whether the base model is worth it, if it suits your needs it will be fine. If you need more than get a higher model

How exciting! Congratulations!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Your friend said you threw away your money for buying the iMac or for buying the base model?
The m1 iMac looks to be the most aesthetically pleasing desktop of all time. And based upon my usage of the M1 MBA, the M1 is a beast for the average computer user!

I think you were spot on, full +1. I buy the base model and almost always have. MBA M1, AppleTV, IPad, IPhone. I’ve never been a hoarder of storage, the base storage has always been plenty for me. Unless someone has a known and/or historical proven need for the extra storage, the base storage with its reduced cost is the right choice. And the Secondary market when you go to sell it is receptive to buying the base model.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I agree with everything you said.

Who needs a McLaren F1 (insert the fancy car of your dreams here. I just chose a fancy car) if a Honda Civic (insert your car here. I chose the first commoner vehicle that came to mind) meets all your needs.

On my side, I’m juggling with the thought of replacing my MacBook Pro with an iMac once I finish my degree. The reasons are simple: my MBP is getting fairly old (going on 6 years and the battery lasts 30 minutes from full charge) and I don’t think I will need a portable computer – besides my iPad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Your friend said you threw away your money for buying the iMac or for buying the base model?
The m1 iMac looks to be the most aesthetically pleasing desktop of all time. And based upon my usage of the M1 MBA, the M1 is a beast for the average computer user!

I think you were spot on, full +1. I buy the base model and almost always have. MBA M1, AppleTV, IPad, IPhone. I’ve never been a hoarder of storage, the base storage has always been plenty for me. Unless someone has a known and/or historical proven need for the extra storage, the base storage with its reduced cost is the right choice. And the Secondary market when you go to sell it is receptive to buying the base model.

Buying the iMac. She prefers HP

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love it. It’s runs very smoothly. No noise. Sound is great. Screen is amazing. Suits my needs . I am extremely pleased

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I agree with everything you said.

Who needs a McLaren F1 (insert the fancy car of your dreams here. I just chose a fancy car) if a Honda Civic (insert your car here. I chose the first commoner vehicle that came to mind) meets all your needs.

On my side, I’m juggling with the thought of replacing my MacBook Pro with an iMac once I finish my degree. The reasons are simple: my MBP is getting fairly old (going on 6 years and the battery lasts 30 minutes from full charge) and I don’t think I will need a portable computer – besides my iPad.

Well my vehicle is a different story. I must have the great security safety features. My Nissan Rogue is the best!

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I also think what is amazing about iMac’s is how good the speakers are when you are sitting at the computer - very good quality and depth of sound for what it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal