I purchased a Belkin screen protector w/a 5-yr. warranty.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector

Years ago we used the Zagg tempered glass screen protectors with the lifetime warranty and “free” replacements but they were expensive, tedious (we had to place the order for the “free” replacement, wait forever for the replacement to arrive, then send the cracked/damaged/misaligned screen back). I put “free” in quotes because we had to pay I think maybe $5 or $7 dollars for them to ship each “free” replacement to us and then of course we paid for shipping the old one back.

Then I discovered the inexpensive tempered glass screen protectors on Amazon that were just as good and smooth to the touch for basically the price of Zagg’s shipping fees for the “free” replacements. Plus they come in multipacks (so you always have a backup on hand) with the application frames that ensure perfect placement of the protectors.

We’ve been using them ever since and here is one that we use for the 14 Pro:

8db61ea5af2dbf7e75580dbe5488935f.jpg

amFilm 2 Pack OneTouch Glass Screen Protector Compatible for iPhone 14 Pro 6.1 Inch 2022, Easiest Installation, Dynamic Island Compatible, Bubble Free and Full Coverage Case Friendly. https://a.co/d/2hmIPyA

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: Screen protector

Years ago we used the Zagg tempered glass screen protectors with the lifetime warranty and “free” replacements but they were expensive, tedious (we had to place the order for the “free” replacement, wait forever for the replacement to arrive, then send the cracked/damaged/misaligned screen back). I put “free” in quotes because we had to pay I think maybe $5 or $7 dollars for them to ship each “free” replacement to us and then of course we paid for shipping the old one back.

Then I discovered the inexpensive tempered glass screen protectors on Amazon that were just as good and smooth to the touch for basically the price of Zagg’s shipping fees for the “free” replacements. Plus they come in multipacks (so you always have a backup on hand) with the application frames that ensure perfect placement of the protectors.

We’ve been using them ever since and here is one that we use for the 14 Pro:

8db61ea5af2dbf7e75580dbe5488935f.jpg

amFilm 2 Pack OneTouch Glass Screen Protector Compatible for iPhone 14 Pro 6.1 Inch 2022, Easiest Installation, Dynamic Island Compatible, Bubble Free and Full Coverage Case Friendly. https://a.co/d/2hmIPyA

Yeah, that's why I don't pay the insane prices for Zagg anymore. They aren't any better than the inexpensive Spigen screen protectors and the "free" replacements are a joke since you have to pay for them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have been on the Zagg bandwagon in the past. Then I realized that I had to replace two of them (on two separate phones). Each time, I took my phone to a local family-owned repair shop and replaced the screen protector with one for $10.00. They put it on for me, and both times, the cheaper screen protector lasted much longer. So, when it's time to get a new phone, I won't buy a Zagg... I'll go back to the little family-owned business, and get one there!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I have been on the Zagg bandwagon in the past. Then I realized that I had to replace two of them (on two separate phones). Each time, I took my phone to a local family-owned repair shop and replaced the screen protector with one for $10.00. They put it on for me, and both times, the cheaper screen protector lasted much longer. So, when it's time to get a new phone, I won't buy a Zagg... I'll go back to the little family-owned business, and get one there!

I tend to support local but per my other posts, will stay with the .26 mm glass vs more common .33 thickness 3-packs that are around $10 or less. The jig and supplies included make getting good and fast easy. Between the thinner type, time saved and money saved all worth the effort.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I’m using this on my 14PM with QuadLock Mag case:

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max [Case Friendly] - Sensor Protection / 2 Pack https://a.co/i5BIAfN

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Was it easy to put on?

The easy to put on is in my mind rather universal. Have a jig or template, clean phone, manage the dust. An inexpensive 3 pack makes practice rather painless. IMO there are lots of good ones out there. At work we have around 200 mobile devices so a lot of experience knowing a little time and money with a little practice manages this well.

I see these ESR have gone up in price but they meet all of .26 vs .33 thickness, 3-pack, mounting jig, clean/stick stuff and have lasted after some recent incidents of other good brands not sticking as long. We just look for a fair amount of good reviews and modest price.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B6V9D89F

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

The easy to put on is in my mind rather universal. Have a jig or template, clean phone, manage the dust. An inexpensive 3 pack makes practice rather painless. IMO there are lots of good ones out there. At work we have around 200 mobile devices so a lot of experience knowing a little time and money with a little practice manages this well.

I see these ESR have gone up in price but they meet all of .26 vs .33 thickness, 3-pack, mounting jig, clean/stick stuff and have lasted after some recent incidents of other good brands not sticking as long. We just look for a fair amount of good reviews and modest price.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B6V9D89F

I really appreciate the feedback!!! A 3-pack would be a very good idea! :D

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I've never used a screen protector with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and I dont think I will be using one once I get my iPhone 14 pro max. it should be high quality glass so wether people prefer to protect their screen or not I choose not to

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Screen protectors are not supposed to last. They catch all the nicks and scratches, so your phone screen does not. What happened with the Zagg? Was it scratches and nicks, or some other issues?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods