I phone cost and At&t

waynelfb

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
I have wireless At&t service now. Is their any other way to use an I phone with this account and not buy it through At&t. They want to charge me $399 because I already have an account with them and I am not eligible for a $199 upgrade price. Any suggestion?
Thank you

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I got mine off of ebay.. no problems what-so-ever, white 16GB .. literally looks brand new.

The thing about ebay is buying from sellers with 98%+ feedback..

ddulaney14#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I was not eligible for the iPhone upgrade price so I spoke with a manager and was told to open a new line of service on my existing account for $9.99, then take the SIM card from my current BB and put it in the iPhone. From there you connect to iTunes and complete the activation process. After the phone is active, go back to AT&T and cancel the new line that you added. They can do a return on the iPhone and then sell it back to you with a dummy sku#. That's what I did.

stacychen

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
You could look on Ebay , but probably not worth the risk. I would see about getting the refurb and see if you can get the $100 discount.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I was not eligible for the iPhone upgrade price so I spoke with a manager and was told to open a new line of service on my existing account for $9.99, then take the SIM card from my current BB and put it in the iPhone. From there you connect to iTunes and complete the activation process. After the phone is active, go back to AT&T and cancel the new line that you added. They can do a return on the iPhone and then sell it back to you with a dummy sku#. That's what I did.

That would be a tight trick.

ddulaney14#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I got the Black 16GB for $299. The funny thing is I cant decide if I want to keep it.....BB Bold or iPhone?? I constantly switch my SIM!

Last edited:

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree; Craigslist is a good way to avoid waiting for the auction to end and shipping; I have bought phone both ways. I just recently looked for an iPhone on eBay and all the new phones where like $500+ YUC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro