I often get pop up messages to enter the password for my email mailboxes, how do I stop this?

I

iMore Question

I often get pop up messages to enter the password for my email mailboxes

When I open my mail app or sometimes while in any app, I get a pop up window asking me to enter in my credentials for the various email mailboxes I have configured on my devices, iPad and iPhone. This occurs mostly on my iPhone.

AliHajinasiri

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: I often get pop up messages to enter the password for my email mailboxes

When I open my mail app or sometimes while in any app, I get a pop up window asking me to enter in my credentials for the various email mailboxes I have configured on my devices, iPad and iPhone. This occurs mostly on my iPhone.

Did you ever used vpn??

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I do see this almost daily. I have about 12 email addresses configured in Mail (Yosemite 10.10.2). There are 3 addresses from my cox.com ISP account that continually prompt me for login credentials - but strangely, only during the day. I rarely see any of these prompts after about 3:00 pm. In my case, I just think it’s something wonky with Cox. Their "help" with troubleshooting this issue is less than helpful, though.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I get this daily. Only when I use the stock mail app, though. Been that way since I upgraded to the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dak2v

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Anyone know a fix for stoping the pop up

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried going into settings and email accounts and put in your password again?

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I often get pop up messages to enter the password for my email mailboxes

I've done that, re-password but after awhile the blasted thing starts over after a day or two. #$@?es me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peggy Roedeshimer

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this issue with being prompted for login credentials using cox email? I have been having this same issue exactly for months now and it's driving me mad. I keep re entering the password each time I am prompted to do so and I still get the same pop up on a regular basis. Any feedback would be helpful. Especially if you have a fix for this. Thanks much.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this issue with being prompted for login credentials using cox email? I have been having this same issue exactly for months now and it's driving me mad. I keep re entering the password each time I am prompted to do so and I still get the same pop up on a regular basis. Any feedback would be helpful. Especially if you have a fix for this. Thanks much.

Nope. It's a Cox issue. Changing the setting to check emails less frequently seems to help, but not solve it completely.