I maually set up the "5" now entered iTunes & asked do I want to do new set up or restore

hwhuyler

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I maually set up the "5" now entered iTunes & asked do I want to do new set up or restore

I have an Iphone 5 that I set up for my wife. Being semi-computer-illiterate I manually set up the "5". I did not use the iTunes set up. Now I have various apps installed and all the old CONTACTS. Today when I tried to use iTunes with the iPhone 5 it asked me if I wanted to do a NEW set up or do a RESTORE from the old iPhone 3. I do not want to lose any data, contacts, apps that I currently have on the iPhone 5. WHAT DO I DO?:mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I maually set up the "5" now entered iTunes & asked do I want to do new set up or restore

Selecting restore as new under the circumstances you mentioned will do nothing to the phone itself. iTunes will simply treat it as a new device. At least that has been 'my' experience. If you have an iCloud account and have iCloud enabled, do an iCloud backup first, just in case.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I maually set up the "5" now entered iTunes & asked do I want to do new set up

I wouldn't restore the old backup. Set it up as you did and you can back up what you have. Then you can restore today's backup later on if needed.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Selecting restore as new under the circumstances you mentioned will do nothing to the phone itself. iTunes will simply treat it as a new device. At least that has been 'my' experience. If you have an iCloud account and have iCloud enabled, do an iCloud backup first, just in case.

This was my experience yesterday as well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods