I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all photos

I

iMore Question

Hi I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all my awesome photos with celebs, VIPs ect.... The trip for month cost me $40,000aud and due to partying my memory is a bit hazey and would love the photos that I had, I know it's a big ask, thought its worth trying but... I haven't had an iPhone since so I'm not sure what's in my cloud. How would I go about finding out with out buying an iPhone.?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Log into your iCloud account via web browser on computer if you still remember the password... iCloud dot com...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I think you can access your iCloud from a computer. Go to iCloud.com get the software if you don't already have it on your computer then log in. You can also log into photostream on an Apple TV if you have one. Now Apple says they only keep your photos up for 30 days but I have photos in my stream from 4 months ago and I'm at my 1000. So maybe Apple is just under promise and over deliver with the photostream and you could get lucky. Hope that helps and I hope others have more info one this also.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
What??? 2012? Are you sure you didn't type the number of the year wrong? You could try downloading the iCloud control pannel if you has setup iCloud on the phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lo...

If this was in January 2012 then the newest iOS version would be iOS 5.0.1r1 for the 4S and photo stream was first included in iOS 6. iCloud might of backed up your photos but you won't know until you check iCloud.com on a PC or Mac.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rezsta

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi there I'm the one that started this post. Yes the year I typed was right, I'm in iCloud now on my PC but there are no photos at all, I might not of aloud apple to look at them in cloud but on the plus side found a lot of lost sexy Thai women's phone numbers in contacts for next time there :p . I guess it was just wishful thinking, but it does suck not having any pics of that once in a lifetime holiday.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi there I'm the one that started this post. Yes the year I typed was right, I'm in iCloud now on my PC but there are no photos at all, I might not of aloud apple to look at them in cloud but on the plus side found a lot of lost sexy Thai women's phone numbers in contacts for next time there :p . I guess it was just wishful thinking, but it does suck not having any pics of that once in a lifetime holiday.

iCloud pushes all your photos to the My Photo Stream album on your devices and computers, and manages them efficiently, so you don’t run out of storage space. Your iOS devices keep a rolling collection of your last 1000 photos in the My Photo Stream album. From there, you can browse your recent photos or move the ones you like to your Camera Roll or another album to keep them on your device forever. The photos you upload to My Photo Stream are stored in iCloud for 30 days to give your devices plenty of time to connect and download them.

You cannot see photos anywhere in iCloud.com.

Also, as with any device, timeliness of acting on a lost device is crucial. Two years is a eon for a lost phone. Wondering why it took 2 full years to recognize that you lost it...

rezsta

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
So are you saying I can't access them in this eon, coz I've been off chops for two years and until recently been good and just recently someone suggested. It.

AnonymousHelper

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Lets just say, the last time I was on the phone with Apple I realized, no one, at least no one you can call can see any info you'd care about. They can see "You have a backup with X number of photos" but not the actual photos, they can see "You have X number of contacts" but not actual contact info. They could also, depending on you getting the right one, and prove you're you, tell you if you have a backup in iCloud. You could then restore it to another iDevice just temporarily, and maybe get some stuff back.

Not sure if it's against the iMore Agreement to post this, but I'm not saying which side of the phone call I was on...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro