I left my 6s+ charging up to 5 hours last night. Is it bad?

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I normally charge my phone up to 3 hours til 100%. Last night I left it to 5hrs charging.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I normally charge my phone up to 3 hours til 100%. Last night I left it to 5hrs charging.

I charge my iPhone overnight every night without a problem, and I still get excellent battery life. I’ve been doing it for years.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I charge my iPhone overnight every night without a problem, and I still get excellent battery life. I’ve been doing it for years.

Ditto. I charge mine overnight all the time. No problems.

+1 - I’ve been charging my iPhones/iPads/iPods/Watches overnight for years. Apple’s batteries are actually quite sophisticated. They’re not going to overcharge.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You won't have any issues leaving your phone charging overnight. Years ago the technology within lithium ion batteries like you find I'm your phones, tablets, etc, advanced to the point that you can't overcharge it. There are recommended charge levels dependent on the temperature your device is exposed to. Though that's only if you're overly concerned with the longevity of your battery. Charging overnight or for multiple hours will not harm your battery and it will still last 2+ years. Assuming you're not using your phone so heavily that it needs a full charge 3-4 times a day.

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Nope, nothing wrong with that. I did that with my androids, and I’m doing it with my iPhone. They’ve got sensors in them that signals for the charger to stop sending in charge to keep it from getting overcharges. That’s how Li-ion batteries work. It’s a safe proof.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
5 hours is peanuts compared with the 10 hours I leave my phone on the charger at night.

Like others said, nothing to be worried about.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
No issues and modern batteries can last longer that five years. My mother’s i4 battery is weak but still original. Although she rarely uses her phone it still serves her needs but stays plugged in most of the time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro