I just got my phone thread (6/23)

Bakerman

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mystery resolve

Well, its past 4:30 now. I am thinking no iPhone 4 is going to show up here for me today. I wonder if it really is "out for delivery" in Iowa instead of here in good old PA?

I called FedEx and found that they encountered a "labeling issue" and sent it to the wrong zip code! They were so kind and friendly that I did not give them any grief. They assured me it would be delivered Thursday, so I guess I will have to wait another day. Dreading trying to activate during the big day. I may just wait till Saturday.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This is making me want one badly. I was on the fence about getting one but now I have made my mind up. Damn you Apple! Why must you burn holes in my wallet!?

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
My first impressions:

1. The screen is HOT. Not so much the home screen, but in pages where there's lots of text, like emails and safari, it makes all the difference.

2. The new camera is nice, but still a far cry from "very good" when the lighting isn't great. The truth is low light pics come out pretty nicely when you use the flash, but you have to turn it on manually as the "auto" setting very rarely has it kick in.

3. It doesn't feel like 1ghz. It's definitely faster than the 3gs, but there's still slight lag throughout.

4. Did I mention how awesome the screen is? It wasn't even one of the main reasons I bought it, rather a happy perk.

5. The front facing camera is quite impressive. I thought it would suck, but I'm very happily surprised.

Those are my first impressions.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Got mine at 1:30p.m pst!!
Was on the phone in a "meeting" when the UPS driver came. Had to wait to open up the box until I got off the phone. It was torture. haha. Not much packaging inside the shipment box unfortunately. My iPhone box was just bouncing around everywhere I'm sure. Appears to be fine though.

I LOVE this thing. :)
It is seriously perfect. The photo and video quality is stunning.
And that screen spoils me... ;)
SO much faster than my 3G, and love the multitasking.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Way late to the party, sorry all. Got mine last night. Love it! From a 3G to this, is an incredible leap. I'm loving the screen, its just UNREAL!!!!

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Just waiting to activate!

My wife called to say that my iPhone 4 had arrived, and since I was out of town and heading home, I raced home from Tampa to Houston to run in the door to start the activation process. While I know lots have gotten them, I think tomorrow will be worse.

I will say that I have been in that "Waiting on Activation" mode for the past 35 minutes. They say that it could take 4 hours. I am currently running on WiFi and all is pretty sweet.

I am hoping for a quick activation!

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Way late to the party, sorry all. Got mine last night. Love it! From a 3G to this, is an incredible leap. I'm loving the screen, its just UNREAL!!!!

Cool.... was wondering if yours showed up yesterday ( i know you had posted it was showing on fed ex truck for delivery...

I got mine this morning ...:D

Fresh1

deadguy8

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to my local AT&T store to activate today and there were two other people there activating theirs as well!! They also had a few cases and screen protectors in today.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Camera rocks. Screen rocks! Even activation rocked! It took less than a minute to activate! So so so glad I pre-ordered.

The gyroscope (or processor) rocks. The games that use tilt respond much better!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW