I just got my phone thread (6/23)

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 4 has landed

After all the grief and all the worry. Fed-Ex delivered my iPhone 4 a day early! Amazing.

Now I need to get home in a hurry to activate it before the other 575,000 try tomorrow.

The wait is over!

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
IT'S HERE!!!!! Had to step out for a meeting at 1:00 and when I got back at 2:00 guess what was sitting on my doorstep!! My heart is beating a million miles an hour ...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
is that a troll doll I see???? :D LOL I haven't seen one in millions of years

I'm actually at work and...well...working (sort of).

I have some comparisons of the two screens. I will post them now. I don't know if the difference is "captured" when I do a screen capture. We will see.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Well, the iPhone 4 pictures are bigger (as you would expect) but it is difficult (IMO) to make out a strong pixel difference. You might be able to see a little bit, but trust me, it is there and very visible!

EDIT: If you enlarge the smaller picture so they are the same size (which they would be on the iPhone), you can get an impression of the difference that the Retina display makes.

Chris

Last edited:

mfrings

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are some lucky peeps on here...I just checked Fedex and mine will arrive tomorrow at 3pm. For now I will have to just flip through the posts and dream a little...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
So were 600,000 actually pre-ordered (and many of which were presumably delivered today), or was it 600,000 ordered in advance (pre-ordered and reserved for tomorrow)?

Chris