I just got my phone thread (6/23)

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
okay, i just got my iPhone 4. It says it is waiting for activation. I upgraded from a 3G. Will I need to follow those instructions that I got in the AT&T email, about calling them or going to that activation website, or can I just bring it outside and it will activate on its own?

Has it activated yet because mine is doin the same

Bakerman

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a bit scared. I live in central Pennsylvannia and the Fed Ex site says it is out for delivery in Demoines Iowa!!

Any thoughts on my potential grief?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
So, I just got my iPhone 4.

I'm registering it through iTunes and it asked me if I want to restore the phone to an earlier backup (I had backed up my 3G in the last couple of days due to updating to iOS 4.0, which unfortunately never installed correctly). Does this mean that it will restore the previous version of the operating system on the new iPhone 4? Or just my settings and apps, etc.?

Edit: I guess I'll know in about 5 minutes.

Nope, it will only install apps, music, settings, mail, etc. The OS installation is a totally different restore.

BTW, got mine about 1:30 Central, connected and activated in about 2 minutes. Took about half an hour to restore from backup since I have too many navigtion apps, videoes, and music. It works/looks great!!!

TulioAdriano

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Has it activated yet because mine is doin the same

Same here. I figured could be because my 3GS was still on so I turned it off and restarted iPhone 4.

Still get No Service and waiting for activation.

Any step required? Or just sit and wait? Should I keep my 3GS off?

So many questions... so little answers. :p :D

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I figured could be because my 3GS was still on so I turned it off and restarted iPhone 4.

Still get No Service and waiting for activation.

Any step required? Or just sit and wait? Should I keep my 3GS off?

So many questions... so little answers. :p :D

yea, i would like to use my phone lol

TulioAdriano

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
yea, i would like to use my phone lol

Tried activation on website... failed, called the suggested number (1-800-331-0500) then it went through with no issues. They asked to turn it off and back on in 5 minutes.

Will do and let you know about it.

UPDATE:

Activation went through... really had to call. All is fine now!

Last edited:

Bakerman

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, its past 4:30 now. I am thinking no iPhone 4 is going to show up here for me today. I wonder if it really is "out for delivery" in Iowa instead of here in good old PA?

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Tried activation on website... failed, called the suggested number (1-800-331-0500) then it went through with no issues. They asked to turn it off and back on in 5 minutes.

Will do and let you know about it.

yup mine failed on website also but apparently it didn't as when i called the number it said my phone was already activated.Turned it off and im good to go.YESSSSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh