I just got my phone thread (6/23)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
The phone is faster than the 3GS - not but a lot but I can still notice it. I still can't get over the crispness and clarity of the screen - I can't wait for apps to catch up and use the full resolution!

In my hand, the phone seems very sturdy. I am nervous about scratching the front and back, so I am being somewhat gentle with it, but it feels much stronger than the iPhone 3GS.

The two cameras are nice, I haven't recorded any video yet.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
okay, i just got my iPhone 4. It says it is waiting for activation. I upgraded from a 3G. Will I need to follow those instructions that I got in the AT&T email, about calling them or going to that activation website, or can I just bring it outside and it will activate on its own?

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Was out and about and just went into my local corporate att store to check to see if they might have received any kind of cases for my i4 ( they didnt)....

As soon as i walked in everyone ( all the employees and customers) starting freaking out running up to me saying you got your iphone 4 today can i check it out .

They said they haven't got any word when their pre orders for in store pick up would arrive at thier store ..

Then a guy walked up that was a blackberry rep ( the att manger even confirmed he was one) , and asked if he could take a pic of me with my iphone to show his friends ( i am in a good mood so i let him take a quick pic ... usually i wouldn't have let him ).. I ended up having to get out of the store because everyone that came in was coming up to check out my i4 ( a line was forming )...

Pretty crazy experience at an att store ..

Fresh1

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Three! not even opened one yet...

iphone4.png

Sweet! I want mine!

nathanbradin

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What kind of sim card?

I just got my phone but I didnt find any sim card ejector. No paper clip around. Did anyone get something to open the sim card slot? Does it come with a sim card already? Let me know I hope to activate mine when I get back home.

Thanks

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I just got my phone but I didnt find any sim card ejector. No paper clip around. Did anyone get something to open the sim card slot? Does it come with a sim card already? Let me know I hope to activate mine when I get back home.

Thanks

Yep has a micro sim in it ( you are good to go ).. There is no sim card removal tool with the i4..

Fresh1

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

doesn't come with a SIM ejector, i guess they are expecting you NOT to remove it since there isn't much that needs a micro-sim at this time. You could swap it to an iPad, but meh. this is why having a sewing kit handy is a good thing. pins are thins

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Every time a vehicle drives by I crane my neck to see if it is the FedEx guy! Also noticed on the FedEx tracking site they are having major problems with the tracking! I guess all of us waiting for our iPhones are dragging them down!!

Bluesoftail

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
penorwood; said:
Every time a vehicle drives by I crane my neck to see if it is the FedEx guy!

I'm sure alot of us are doing the same today. My "delivered by" time is up in an hour, he better put the hammer down...lol

jameslaz

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell from tthe box if it is 16Gig or 32Gig? I got a 32 for myself and 16 for my Mom and my wife is picking mine up now, I want to be sure she gets the right one.

Thank you

Last edited:

palolis

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered through AT&T online and my UPS tracking number indicates that it's "out for delivery"!!! I'm excited. Especially after freaking out with all the cancellations and the pre-ordering mess.
Will post photos as soon as I have my iPhone with me. :)

mfrings

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine said the same but just checked and it is now in transit from Fort Worth. I think the Fedex sight is like 12 hours behind on their updates though....I wouldn't be surprised if yours if actually in the truck already (or soon to be).

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine about two hours ago. I guess I'll just post until I can post pictures. :p

I just stuck it in the charger. There was always talk of potential activation problems because of the presumably large number of people now getting theirs today and picking theirs up tomorrow. If you've already set up, have your activations gone without issue?

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I just got my iPhone 4.

I'm registering it through iTunes and it asked me if I want to restore the phone to an earlier backup (I had backed up my 3G in the last couple of days due to updating to iOS 4.0, which unfortunately never installed correctly). Does this mean that it will restore the previous version of the operating system on the new iPhone 4? Or just my settings and apps, etc.?

Edit: I guess I'll know in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh