I inadvertaintly locked myself out of my I phone 6 plus. How can I get back in?

I

iMore Question

I changed my security code on my I phone and I did not write it down. I cannot remember the new code. I kept trying at 60 minute intervills. Now the phone is telling me to connect to Tunes. I cannot connect to tunes becauce I cannot get into the phone. I can prove that this is my phone I do not want to lose all the information that I have in it by erasing it clean. What can I do to rectify this problem?

John Colasanti

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you the phone is not giving me the option of remembering the code. It is telling me to connect to I tunes. How can I connect to I tunes if I cant get into the phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you the phone is not giving me the option of remembering the code. It is telling me to connect to I tunes. How can I connect to I tunes if I cant get into the phone?

It is not telling you to connect to the iTunes app "on the phone". It is telling you to connect the iPhone to a computer via a USB cable and then initiate the computer's iTunes app to restore it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Just plug in your phone to iTunes, restore and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the process. Your reply to *me* above kinda lost me. I was basically explaining to the OP that the process was in regard to the iTunes app on the computer and not the one on the phone.

John Colasanti

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
sorry for the confusion guys. This is why im in trouble in the first place Im the one thats confused. My question is will this I tunes process erase my information in the phone .because I think I backed my info up to I Cloud but I could be wrong about that. Or will I get another chance to try to remember the new code I put in?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
sorry for the confusion guys. This is why im in trouble in the first place Im the one thats confused. My question is will this I tunes process erase my information in the phone .because I think I backed my info up to I Cloud but I could be wrong about that. Or will I get another chance to try to remember the new code I put in?

When you restore with iTunes you will lose everything that was not backed up. You will not get a chance to remember your code once you start that process.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
No. iTunes will restore the phone to its factory state. If you have an iCloud backup, great. If not, there isn't anything you can do anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully you have an iCloud backup or maybe a backup via iTunes on your desktop so that you don't lose all of your data. Good luck.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem back a few months back with my 5s, the passcode stopped working for no reason, I tried so many times that got a timer so I had to wait to try again, I ended up doing a restore.

Robert Sherman2

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm lock myself out of my iPhone 6 Plus I cannot do anything to turn it on and off I have to wait a hour to try to put a pass coad that I dont even though I only had it set up with my finger never did a pass coad I'm ****ed