I have to vent...no innovation anymore.

mrbilbrey

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to come on here and vent to see what others think or feel. I have been with Apple since the beginning purchasing their phones every year but since the 4 I have been somewhat disappointed in the latest models. I do consider myself a fanboy so I have stayed true and faithful but I am really really thinking that if they don't listen to users and have a major upgrade with the 6, I may be forced to go to Samsung. My biggest gripe is screen size. I understand why they haven't changed it but to not have any option for those that want it is ridiculous. I feel even them stretching the screen, they are missing the big picture. I have not been blown away by Tim Cooks Apple at all really, but I have seen and heard some amazing things out of Samsung over this time, including wearables. It seems like Apple is more interested in the "Whereables". What do you guys think? I don't usually *****, but this has been building up since the iPhone 4 and the no significant changes since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you would feel more satisfied with Samsung, you should switch. There is no point of staying with a brand if you don't like it. :)

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't agree with this thread even being here because there are so many like it on the forums, but I'll play along.

I agree that in that they need to upgrade with the 6. I really didn't think I minded the size of the iPhone until I got my Moto X. Its not a huge phone, but bigger than the iPhone and it makes a difference. This gets me to my next point. If you're going to switch to android, don't get Samsung! But I guess that's just my opinion. Samsung's UI is just.. Ugly. The Moto X is pretty much stock android and wow is it a totally different experience. The last android I had was the LG Optimus G and it didn't do the Android OS any sympathy for me. After that I switched to an iPhone 5 and swore to never go back to android. Well, I am having a "near stock" experience right now and am completely loving it.

Just the customization and how far android has come really interests me. Oh, and you can't go wrong with the Active Notifications. They are a lot more useful than I thought it would be.

Just my two cents. :)

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The best vote is with your wallet. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you don't like it then buy something else. There are a ton of threads just like this one. The answer is always the same. Don't like, don't buy.

Sent using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple has reinvented the iPhone with the iPhone 4 and again with the iPhone 5. The interim releases (4S, 5S) have added features like Siri and the TouchID.

As others have said, take your money elsewhere if you are not satisfied with Apple's offerings. I guess a strong case can be made for a larger screen, but it’s the multiple screen sizes that help cause the fragmentation of the ecosystem. Will developers now be required to develop apps for a 3.5", 4" and 5" screens? If you want to see what that causes, look at android... there is an abundance of screen sizes, and, as a result, a horrible fragmentation of the OS... how many devices can even get the latest version of android? Do we really want to see iOS take that ugly turn?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
World of difference between the 4 and the 5s. It's just done in iterative steps so it doesn't feel like that much is being added each time.

That said, now that we have LTE phones everywhere with decent cameras and a good selection of apps, it's hard to get excited about much anymore.

I'd be hard-pressed to tell someone with a 5 or 5c that he or she should upgrade (even though I did). Unless there's a major form factor change with the 6, there isn't a real reason to change things up even then.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Your thread title states no innovation then you state you want a bigger screen so just say it but a big screen it's innovative it's been done before even by Apple with the i5 📲

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you're main preference is a bigger screen but some how you felt the need to start a thread to discuss your opinion on Apple's lack of innovation (and then you don't even discuss the topic of your own thread).

Absolutely hilarious, lol!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To the OP
I consider the 5S a major upgrade even though it has the same form factor as the 5.
3-3GS same form
4-4S same form
5-5S same form
There's a pattern here that makes sense. Even though the 4-5S are similar in shape there are major differences.
That's two years a form factor. Imagine if Apple changed the form every year. I would think that would be manufacturing nightmare.

They sell a amazing number of phones doing a form every two years. They might stick with this form for the 6 with a bigger screen. I don't know.

If iPhone doesn't do it for you anymore that's cool you can say they aren't innovative that's cool.

Touch ID is very innovative. I believe iOS 7 is innovative.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nobody is forcing you to continue using the iPhone. Go buy a Samsung if that will make you happy.

This post was made by Tiffany

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny that people like this feel the need to come here and write how much they hate Apple and love everything Samsung.....instead of just going and buying a Samsung phone. So much stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I find it funny that people like this feel the need to come here and write how much they hate Apple and love everything Samsung.....instead of just going and buying a Samsung phone. So much stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

The haters gotta hate. The trolls gotta troll.

Anything with an Apple logo on it is like a magnet to them.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
In case you've been freeze dried for years, I'll let in in on a well kept secret- Apple doesn't really care what you want. They are obsessed with producing a high quality product that has the features they think are important or will that will be important moving forward. If what they make meets your needs then great. If not, there are other device manufacturers out there that will create a phone every week to fit a specific need. If you want a tablet for a phone, then Apple isn't for you. That may change in the future, but for now, you'll get what they feel is the best device. Disagree with your wallet.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple has reinvented the iPhone with the iPhone 4 and again with the iPhone 5. The interim releases (4S, 5S) have added features like Siri and the TouchID.

Bingo! iPhone 6 will be reinvented with a bigger screen!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
so you purchased a new iPhone with your hard earned money because you wanted to remain a fan boy even though you don't like the apple product? I don't think its apple that needs to change. If you like the Samsung better get the Samsung, and wait until apple releases something better suited for yourself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods