I have the opportunity to buy a 128gb iPhone 7 in red, or a 64 gb iPhone 8 in red.... Which one?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

Red phones are AWESOME! Anyways I would probably opt for the 8, since it has better specs (except the storage), than the 7, and it has wireless charging a handy feature. UNLESS you really think you need 128GBs of storage. Do you save your whole music library to you phone? Do you record and save videos?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. The specs on the 8 is better, but are they 64gig better? That's a question only you can answer by the way you use your device. Good Luck with your decision.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

For me the iPhone 8 red /64 would be sufficient ,faster and better camera and just be careful of the apps and storage you need .

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

It really depends on how much space you need. It's always better to have too much space than too little. Remember, you can't upgrade storage once you make your purchase. If 64 GB is sufficient, then go for the 8. Otherwise, get the 7.

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
re:

I'd go with the Eight. With cloud storage in mind, I'm thinking the difference between 64 gig and 128 is not that important. Google offers unlimited free storage of pictures and videos through Google Photos, which works wonderfully on the iPhone (There's a limit on the size of images/videos, but that limit is so large it usually is irrelevant). For a small monthly fee, iCloud offers a lot of storage space too. Movies etc. are streamed by most people rather than stored locally (example: Netflix). The memory on an individual device (in my view, anyway) is getting less and less important. YMMV of course - - but the A11 is simply a powerhouse. I vote 8.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
re:

Which one should I buy

IPhone 7 red 128 gb or iPhone 8 64 gb red.. Yes I'm adamant on red

Hey there, @Billy Ray3. Welcome to iMore.

If you have an iCloud storage account, then go with the 8 and 64 gigs. You'll get a phone with better hardware including camera and wireless charging.

Also, when you get a moment, please head over here and introduce yourself to the rest of the community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Thanks.

_______
~Lee Bo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunterge