I have discovered how to get MMS on 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I was tinkering around and I figured it out.

I started with a jailbroken 3g (although I think this will work with a unjailbroken one). I also have a family messaging unlimited plan with AT&T and Windows 7.

I did the run command to enable custom ipcc files to be used in itunes. Win buttom +R (run command): C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

I went into Itunes with my iphone plugged in. I went to my iphone. Hold shift and click check for updates. In the bottom right hit the drop down menu so you can open the custom .ipcc file (carrier file for AT&T ver. 5.0). Itunes will install it. Reboot your phone.

carrier file : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Go to settings>general>cellular data network

go to mms and type in the AT&T carrier information for mms.

APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Max Message Size: [leave blank]
MMS UA Prof URL: [leave blank]

Go to settings>messages> mms messaging [on]

Try to send a mms. It will probably fail.

Download iphone firmware 3.0 GM> go to itunes> plug phone in> hold shift and click on to check for update> click on the 3.0 GM file.

Your original 3.0 device will update to 3.0 GM and you should be able to use MMS.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:

itoine

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
i was so excited about updating my 3g to 3.0 mainly because of the MMS and the landscape keyboard for texting. and was dissapointed when i found out the MMS wont be available until later this summer.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
There are text plans and messaging plans. You have to have the messaging as it includes MMS and IM alone with SMS.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
First, this is not new. Second, someone currently on a iPhone messaging plan can't do this and unless you know someone at AT&T they will not switch your plan. Too many people tried this around beta 2 and AT&T caught on.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
First, this is not new. Second, someone currently on a iPhone messaging plan can't do this and unless you know someone at AT&T they will not switch your plan. Too many people tried this around beta 2 and AT&T caught on.
Told you.
Either way I'm sure it won't work if you already have a iPhone plan. So It might as well be jailbroken lol.
And thanks for telling him AFTER he is one step away.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site

First off I tried all the guides and none of them ever tried updating to 3.0 GM from a 3.0 final. This I believe allowed the thing to work as prior to me updating to the 3.0 GM I was still having problems even after I updated the carrier file and changed the mms settings. So yes it is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23