I have an American IPhone6 .it wont work over here

Jim Brock

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
My American IPhone 6 ,Face is cracked.but the shop has informed me i am taking a chance getting the face fixed ,because it,s an American phone it might not work over here

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There are 3 potential issues. The phone might be carrier locked and that is it is set to ONLY work with the 1 US carrier who sold the phone. 2 it might only have the US LTE frequencies although, many/most iPhones and most modern cell phones have extra bands and often DO have bands for other countries (I'm getting a Chinese only phone myself today to use in the US). 3rd certain Arab countries prohibit the use of iPhones that have Facetime, so if it's one of THOSE countries the phone might not work IF it has (and it certainly does have) Facetime.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My American IPhone 6 ,Face is cracked.but the shop has informed me i am taking a chance getting the face fixed ,because it,s an American phone it might not work over here

It all starts with your first word, 'my'. It wasn't yours to begin with.
The first thing you had to do was to go to the police in New York and hand it over.
Since you haven't done this, the only thing for you left to do is to throw the iPhone away.
It isn't yours and will never be. Apple made sure of that.

Last edited:

Jim Brock

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Thank you everyone who replied to my query ,Correct and right i should have handed it over to the Police,now being used as a paper weight

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox