I hate att

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
What is ridiculous is they will sell me the phone for $399, but it would be $25 cheaper to terminate ATT for $175 and rebuy at Srint for $199 w/contract (total $375). ATT is truly the evil empire.

So then leave for Spring! Seems like a pretty simple solution!

Seriously, I would ask AT&T politely if they will let you upgrade early. If not, then either wait, or terminate your contract.

Chris

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I do not think there is anything you can do to avoid the fee, but people do pay the disconnect fee and buy a new phone with a new contract. If you want the 4S that bad and don't want to pay $399 for a phone and Sprint is a good choice for you, then do it. It's not their fault that you are trying to get a phone at a cheaper price.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It works well in Downtown Miami area, I live in Aventura the northeast corner of the county and work in Miami Lakes (northwest corner), both ATT dead spots.

What I hate is they won't allow a loyal customer to upgrade at launch, so they should release me. So yes, they are holding me, but I feel like a hostage.

You signed a contract so you should stick with it or pay the ETF. It isn't like at&t gets the phones for free just because you feel you need to have the latest and greatest they are a business and out to make money.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally I've had more problems with AT&T's internet service then my wireless contract. A couple if times they've eaten some big bills created by my daughter years ago because their sales assoc did not explain something properly to me when I signed the contract. As far as reception mine is perfect and I live in South Fla year round. The ETF is the same on all carriers (maybe not the price) so you can't complain about that. Wouldn't blame you though for going to Sprint but it may not save you a whole lot of money.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I live in South Florida and my coverage with at&t is great, you WANT the iphone 4S on launch day but you think you're entitled to get the new phone for 199, you should've thought about that when you singed up your last contract.
Reember next year with the new iphone you're gonna be so dissapointed and mad at at&t that the best thing you can do now is NOT upgrade... It never ends

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I hate it when the other party wont let me change a contract that I signed!!!

Just last week, I told my bank that I would like to change my car payments from 400 to 10 and they wouldnt budge. I hate BOA!!!!!! They are worthless!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha. This is exactly the same situation.. Spot on

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey the 4S will still be here. Jut think about it maybe you even wait a year an get the 5

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man, but i have no pity for you...you have a contract, if the service sucks that bad where you are, break contract, sign up with Sprint, and work out a payment plan with AT&T to pay back the ETF. Other than that, suck it up, deal with the service and figure out a way to sell what you have and buy the new iPhone for yourself.

To me it just sounds like you are mad because they are not giving you what you want. I signed a contract 9/3/10, I would even think about asking for an early upgrade to get the 4s. Me thinks when the next iPhone is released you will expect the same thing. Did it mention anywhere in the contract that if you spend enough money then you are entitled to upgrade early. I looked into sprint before going with ATT and I studied their coverage map. Poor reception in areas in needed it most so I knew they werent the company for me. I live in a very populated suburban area and my signal is better on ATT than it was with verizon. No offense against them, each carrier will have it's pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I had to fork over $600 for a Iphone3GS when it was new in July 2009 unfortunately. But thats why 2 years later I don't have to pay that price. 2 years is 2 years. Sign up with Sprint or Verizon and figure out something to cancel your contract on at&t if you want a rebated Iphone4S

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have called ATT and requested a 3G microcell and was refused several times. They would, of course, be happy to sell me one. I called a few times today and they do not care if I leave.

Escalate! Ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them your friends down the road got one for free, so you KNOW that is an option. Eventually a technical person will try to test call you. For me, that was a joke! My phone just showed "no service." They also tried switching me from the tower my phone chose to a different one. It didn't help. After about 90 minutes of me being patient and insisting I wanted a free microcell, my wish was granted. Just be persistent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson