I dropped my iPhone 6, that I bought two day ago, in water. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

i drop my iphone6 that i bought last two days into water please advise what should i do

i bought the phone last two days in malaysia and i dropped it yesterday. please advice me what should i do

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: i drop my iphone6 that i bought last two days into water please advise what should i do

Don't turn it on and put it in a bag of dry rice. Leave for 3 days.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: i drop my iphone6 that i bought last two days into water please advise what should i do

If you purchased AppleCare+, use it. If not, plan on paying for a replacement. We don't know how much water the phone was dropped in or how long the phone was in the water. Just know that water and electronics don't usually play well together. Anyway, you can try turning off the phone and letting it dry for a couple of days, but there are no guarantees that it'll work as it did before the drop or even at all.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

If you purchased AppleCare+, use it. If not, plan on paying for a replacement. We don't know how much water the phone was dropped in or how long the phone was in the water. Just know that water and electronics don't usually play well together. Anyway, you can try turning off the phone and letting it dry for a couple of days, but there are no guarantees that it'll work as it did before the drop or even at all.

Better yet, if he doesn't have apple care, buy it. I believe there's a 30 day window.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I also believe that AppleCare is applied to the device within the first 30 days of purchase.

I could be wrong.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Apple reserves the right to inspect a device before adding AppleCare if you don't get it at the time of purchase.
i think they'll inspect if you add AC+ in-store... Otherwise, you may be instructed to enter a URL in Safari that does a remote diagnostic and sends results to Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73