I dropped my Apple Pencil on the tip and it no longer works.Is there any warranty on it?

I

iMore Question

I dropped my Apple Pencil on the tip and it no longer works.

Does the Apple Care I have on my iPad Pro cover the pencil? They did not ask if I wanted Apple Care on the pencil too. I haven't tried the other tip as it just happened, and I'm at work. Hoping I can just replace the tip. Is there any warranty on the pencil other than for manufacturer defects? I've had it for about month now. 😪

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: I dropped my Apple Pencil on the tip and it no longer works.

I doubt it covers the pencil but I'd bring it back to the store and see what they can do.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! AppleCare+ isn't available for separately purchased accessories. But, as @eyecrispy recommended, take it into an Apple Store and see if there is anything they can do. Generally speaking, the limited warranty does not cover accidental damage (i.e. dropping it). Good luck!

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, I guess I'm really stupid. I knew it came with an extra tip, but had forgotten about it. I just replaced the flattened one with the other one and all works fine. I also see that I can purchase more tips from the Apple Store. Thanks for the responses!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

It is most likely covered by Apple's standard 1 year warranty. If you have had it less than 1 year take it to an Apple Store and say it's not working anymore. They likely will replace it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

For a $100 pencil you better hope there's a protection plan available.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Lol, I've already dropped it again, but fortunately didn't land on the tip. Slippery suckers!

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Plan to just order some more tips. I think they come 4 to a pkg for $20 or something like that, which I didn't think was too bad for an Apple product. They didn't offer a protection plan when I bought it. They did on the iPad only. Nor did they offer one for the keyboard, which was what $149 I think.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Plan to just order some more tips. I think they come 4 to a pkg for $20 or something like that, which I didn't think was too bad for an Apple product. They didn't offer a protection plan when I bought it. They did on the iPad only. Nor did they offer one for the keyboard, which was what $149 I think.

Good plan. Always have backups.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro