I don't know what to say

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
iPhones usually start lagging after the first two years, and most of the features in the new updates don't usually make it to the older phones. The Pixel phones already have more features than iPhones, plus they get 2 years of updates to add new features. In addition, they will get at least 3 years of security updates, which make up the majority of iOS updates anyway... Since the bootloader is unlockable on the Pixels you can always load Cyanogen Mod 10 years in the future and still get the latest features, since they still support really old phones. Just trying to be subjective, everyone has their preferences, but lets not throw misleading facts around.

Like stating the Pixel has more features than the iPhone 7 +? It's obvious you're not very objective either considering the Pixel XL lacks:

- Water/Dust resistance on par with iPhone 7
- Telephoto zoom for rear camera and a dual pixel setup.
- A more durable home button thanks to no mechanical button mechanism.
- A faster processor by all conventional and practical benchmarks and speed tests.
- Stereo speaker, one front firing.

Let's not throw around misleading facts, yes.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can tell me how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

If you haven't already, try it with a 10-12 watt (2.1A - 2.4A) power adapter, like the ones that come with full sized iPads. The plus can draw more current to charge than is provided by the 5 watt adapter that comes in the box.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Like stating the Pixel has more features than the iPhone 7 +? It's obvious you're not very objective either considering the Pixel XL lacks:

- Water/Dust resistance on par with iPhone 7
- Telephoto zoom for rear camera and a dual pixel setup.
- A more durable home button thanks to no mechanical button mechanism.
- A faster processor by all conventional and practical benchmarks and speed tests.
- Stereo speaker, one front firing.

Let's not throw around misleading facts, yes.

Those are just 5 features that you said the Pixel lacks, with 3 of them being incorrect, and 2 that don't really make a difference.
The pixel home button is on screen, making it just as durable as the iPhone's. I might even add that it was more convenient when it shifted around when I rotated the screen.
The only time you're going to be able to take full advantage of the A10 fusion chip is in games, and heavy graphics. The rest of the time, it doesn't matter how fast the processor is since it doesn't really make a difference.
If you root the Pixel like I was talking about, you can give it the ability to have stereo sound from the earpiece.
The telephoto lens only really comes in handy for close ups, and the regular lens is probably going to be used more. Its just a more clearer zoom, but yes its a feature that the Pixel does not have, even though its not going to be used nearly as much as the regular lens.
Lastly, the Pixel is able to survive submersion in water (there are some videos that show this), however that doesn't even matter since both Apple AND Google will void your warranty if there is any water damage.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104
I'm not trying to throw misleading facts, I'm just an informed consumer that fully researched my options before I came to the conclusion that the iPhone 7 Plus is a pretty good fit for me.

Edit: Meant to say objective in the original comment, not subjective. My bad.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Those are just 5 features that you said the Pixel lacks, with 3 of them being incorrect, and 2 that don't really make a difference.
The pixel home button is on screen, making it just as durable as the iPhone's. I might even add that it was more convenient when it shifted around when I rotated the screen.
The only time you're going to be able to take full advantage of the A10 fusion chip is in games, and heavy graphics. The rest of the time, it doesn't matter how fast the processor is since it doesn't really make a difference.
If you root the Pixel like I was talking about, you can give it the ability to have stereo sound from the earpiece.
The telephoto lens only really comes in handy for close ups, and the regular lens is probably going to be used more. Its just a more clearer zoom, but yes its a feature that the Pixel does not have, even though its not going to be used nearly as much as the regular lens.
Lastly, the Pixel is able to survive submersion in water (there are some videos that show this), however that doesn't even matter since both Apple AND Google will void your warranty if there is any water damage.
I'm not trying to throw misleading facts, I'm just an informed consumer that fully researched my options before I came to the conclusion that the iPhone 7 Plus is a pretty good fit for me.

Even tho you claim to end up with 7 plus, still that opinion of yours seems a bit one sided. All the points you bring up makes the iPhone look bad. Bad or inferior to the Pixel. In the end I wonder why did you decide to go with the iPhone? If Pixel is as good you claim it is why not choose it over?
Sorry for typos, English isn't my native language.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Even tho you claim to end up with 7 plus, still that opinion of yours seems a bit one sided. All the points you bring up makes the iPhone look bad. Bad or inferior to the Pixel. In the end I wonder why did you decide to go with the iPhone? If Pixel is as good you claim it is why not choose it over?

I'd say it's more honestly pointing out the faults of iOS and the iPhone 7/7 Plus. Nothing is all rainbows and butterflies. Every platform and phone has faults. I think it's good to be able to look at the pros and cons of everything and not just so blindly think one thing is the end all be all.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Well said and can agree with that. Most people lack the will to be critical nowadays.
iPhone isn't perfect as mentioned. Neither is android. In the end it boils down to personal preference and how much you can pay for a phone.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I chose the iPhone because a large chunk of my social group (friends/family) are invested in the Apple ecosystem, and it integrates well with the rest of my Apple products. I also like the better app experience on iOS since devs tend to support it more. It just works. My opinion may seem a bit one-sided, but that's because there was more to the story than that person's reply stated. These days, the iPhone is not definitively better than Android phones like it used to, so your personal preferences are more important than "which is the better phone".

mrdoon

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I just made the same switch and am more than pleased with the outcome. After 6 months, my S7 Edge became buggy and unstable. Android OS was responsible for draining my battery on a daily basis (to the point where I was under 50% by lunch time on most days). Sure I could charge quickly and wirelessly but who wants to be connected to a charger half of the day. If this was the first Android device that I had that experienced these kinds of problems, I'd chalk it up to a bad software build but I have had a fair number of (at least 10) Android devices since my last iPhone (3GS) and this is the rule rather than the exception. I honestly haven't come across any major tasks that I could do on Android that I can't do on my 7 Plus. While I miss the customization of Android, that's not enough of a reason to put up with the shortcomings. For now, I just want a phone that works the way it's supposed to work. I still like the idea of Android and will continue to follow developments and would be willing to try again if these things were addressed.

Last edited:

mrdoon

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
The lack of "fast charging" has been a non-issue for me since the battery life is far better on my 7 Plus than it was on the S7 Edge. I know that battery life varies depending on how you use your phone but I pretty much use the iPhone the same as I did my S7 Edge so, at least for me, I am comparing apples to apples.

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Google Pixel and Galaxy S7 edge are good phone, but I like iPhone 7 Plus better. For me I have used Android and iOS, so I can switch between them without any problem. But for some Android user, they may be more accustomed to using an android phone. So anyone should select the most suitable phone for themselves. And I can said these phones may not be too much different, may iPhone 7 Plus slightly better, but not much, just a little bit. Thank you!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can tell me how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

Just get an iPad charger (the brick) and it will charge faster.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Real world Speedtest a show that the iPhone's memory management is superior to the Pixel phone and its ability to retain background tasks far better than any other android including Pixel. The iPhone is water and dust resistant. Why does it matter? Because android enthusiasts say it does and its a growing feature that many Pixel owners wish they had. The only thing the Pixel does better is the display and even then I'd wager the battery saved by an LCD iPhone is worth the trade off.

As for the camera, I'm pretty sure washed out colors and a terrible video capture for real life colors compared to the excellent and rich true to life colors captured by the iSight software and hardware in the 7 plus is much superior than Pixel's.

In the end, I'm not saying that the Pixel is a bad phone. But in the original post, you made the claim that it's better than the iPhone 7/7+. It's simply not. That's an objective statement based upon specs for specs breakdowns. As well as real world speed tests and benchmarks.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Also, you shouldn't need to root a device to make it compete with any phone. That's the supposed trump card android fans pull. Whereas I can go buy an iPhone and it will work fantastic out of the box with no rooting or jail breaking necessary.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Also, you shouldn't need to root a device to make it compete with any phone. That's the supposed trump card android fans pull. Whereas I can go buy an iPhone and it will work fantastic out of the box with no rooting or jail breaking necessary.

The fact of the matter is that its possible on both phones and its just your preference.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
That's your preference then. You want a phone that just works, while others want a more customizable phone with the option to add new features.

That's not really your original point. Can I get you to admit that the Pixel isn't a good phone but it's not better than an iPhone 7+? That's my entire argument.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's not really your original point. Can I get you to admit that the Pixel isn't a good phone but it's not better than an iPhone 7+? That's my entire argument.

I think that they're equally as good. Its down to preference. I was defending the Pixel since you tried to make it look like an inferior phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice