I don't care about 3D Touch or 2nd Gen Fingerprint Scanner

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Every review I've seen about the iPhone SE has these 2 points that they mention how it is inferior to the 6S in that it has the first gen fingerprint scanner and no 3D Touch.

I don't know about j00 but to me personally, I don't miss those features even one bit.

The finger print scanner is very fast, I don't need anything faster, and it works every single time (accurate) unlike my previous Galaxy S7 which I just sold that I had to constantly try a few times before it recognized my finger and that's not just me, this issue is also mentioned by some users on their forums so this fingerprint sensor is great.

Second thing is 3D touch, I think that's a nice gimmick to play with at first but it's no big deal, I'm not that lazy to go into an app and do whatever I wanna do like schedule a new task or send a new whatsapp message. This is how phones have always been anyway.

this is just my 2 cents and IMHO this is the best phone I've owned in my life because of its superb battery life, snappy performance, and good camera.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Preach.

I agree, I also don't care about that either. Some of these reviewers make it seem like it is really the end of the world about those two things. The only valid point is the front facing camera, but hey, it works for me and I came from a phone with a 0.9mp ffc so eh.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Every review I've seen about the iPhone SE has these 2 points that they mention how it is inferior to the 6S in that it has the first gen fingerprint scanner and no 3D Touch.

I don't know about j00 but to me personally, I don't miss those features even one bit.

The finger print scanner is very fast, I don't need anything faster, and it works every single time (accurate) unlike my previous Galaxy S7 which I just sold that I had to constantly try a few times before it recognized my finger and that's not just me, this issue is also mentioned by some users on their forums so this fingerprint sensor is great.

Second thing is 3D touch, I think that's a nice gimmick to play with at first but it's no big deal, I'm not that lazy to go into an app and do whatever I wanna do like schedule a new task or send a new whatsapp message. This is how phones have always been anyway.

this is just my 2 cents and IMHO this is the best phone I've owned in my life because of its superb battery life, snappy performance, and good camera.

You've had the 6S? I agree about the 3D touch. I wouldn't miss that. But I would miss the speed of the 6S finger print scanner. Getting into my phone, banking apps and other items that use the fingerprint scanner have definitely became a lot quicker with the 6S and I'd certainly miss that.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I somewhat agree with 3d touch. When i first used it i thought it was useless and another gimmick to have people buy the S series. Besides the 2 ram and chip isn't 3d touch suppose to be the main selling point for 6s/s+ !? The way apple left 3d touch is the way it leaves alot of things untouched and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Boy was i wrong to let apple dictate the effectiveness of 3d touch. I use it everyday now and with the settings of how/ what i use it for is entirely different than what apple intended. 3d touch is supposed to be simple, faster, more effective shortcuts that you can preset any way you like. Here are some ways i use 3d touch. I think its only in its infancy stage and i think more people will realize the effectiveness of 3d touch one day. One hopes apple will let users dictate how/what to use 3d touch.

iMoreAppImg_20160519_094803.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160519_094809.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160519_094816.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160519_094821.jpg

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
One of my favorite 3d touch is opening apps with opening folders. Saves time searching for hundreds of apps in a folder. There are so many possibilities with 3d touch that most people underestimate the effectiveness of simple faster better shortcuts.

iMoreAppImg_20160519_101517.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160519_101523.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160519_101527.jpg

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
3D Touch sounds nice, not saying anything against it. But I certainly don't miss it myself. I had an iPhone 6S when it was first released. And while the shortcuts to do certain things in apps are nice, they are the least I am bothered about. To each his own I guess. I don't miss it one bit.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree. Hopefully apple can unleash the real potential of 3d touch for non jailbroken users. Stock 3d touch is utterly horrible and pretty much useless!!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I had an SE I'd feel shunned by not having the 2nd gen Touch ID. I like it a lot more.

I do agree about 3D Touch. It's about as gimmicky a feature that Apple has ever produced.

jauhari

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Well said Bro :) So do I

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
All that matters is that the phone does what you need. These reviewers seem to be missing the point of the SE. It's not meant to be a flagship device and it doesn't have a flagship price. It does have the internals of the current flagship iPhone though so you are getting the important specs in a smaller, less expensive device. It is filling a need and doing a great job of it, IMO.

I use 3D touch on a very regular basis throughout the day and do not think it is a gimmick at all. I think there is more potential for it, but it is very useful to me as it is right now. I thought the first gen fingerprint scanner was good so I don't think I would miss the new one that much. If I wanted a smaller screen I would grab a SE without hesitation though. I would just have to get over the missing 3D touch. The positives outweigh the couple "negatives".

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
All that matters is that the phone does what you need. These reviewers seem to be missing the point of the SE. It's not meant to be a flagship device and it doesn't have a flagship price. It does have the internals of the current flagship iPhone though so you are getting the important specs in a smaller, less expensive device. It is filling a need and doing a great job of it, IMO.

I use 3D touch on a very regular basis throughout the day and do not think it is a gimmick at all. I think there is more potential for it, but it is very useful to me as it is right now. I thought the first gen fingerprint scanner was good so I don't think I would miss the new one that much. If I wanted a smaller screen I would grab a SE without hesitation though. I would just have to get over the missing 3D touch. The positives outweigh the couple "negatives".

to me, the most important thing is Battery life, small size, and a decent camera. Don't care about anything else.

I put my phone on low power mode, made a 30 min phone call yesterday and performed 4 app updates through the app store, browsed the web a bit here and there. Now I am on day 2 with battery life @ 64%. Loving this device so much

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
to me, the most important thing is Battery life, small size, and a decent camera. Don't care about anything else.

I put my phone on low power mode, made a 30 min phone call yesterday and performed 4 app updates through the app store, browsed the web a bit here and there. Now I am on day 2 with battery life @ 64%. Loving this device so much

Sounds like you found what you were looking for. I miss the smaller form factor at times, but I love my 6s Plus so I don't see going to a smaller phone. I never say never though. I have not handled the SE yet so maybe it changes my mind. It looks great. I always preferred the 5/5s built over the 6/6s.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
i agree with not missing the 3d touch, i personally have a 6S plus but it wasn't the 3D touch that got my interest it was the screen size. i had a 5S went to 6 and loved the difference. Picked up my 5S and didn't like how small it was, not that i have the 6S plus, loved the screen size, a little tough to handle with one hand, but i picked up a 6S recently and couldn't see myself going to a smaller phone. props to people enjoying the 5SE but IMHO, screen size is the game changer.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem I have with it is that, for me, it's a one-handed type feature that is just too difficult to use one-handed on a Plus or regular sized 6S.

I guess I never thought of it as a one handed type feature. I do use some of the features of it one handed, but I use my 6s plus with two hands most of the time anyway so I guess it doesn't bother me either way.

I suppose it would be easier to use on a device like the SE since it is smaller though.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Most people I know don't use 3D Touch on there 6s and after trying it I wasn't impressed at all. My Touch ID on my SE is plenty fast and isn't accidentally triggered when I check the time on my iPhone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Initially, I couldn't get the 3D touch to work! Then I popped in to our local Apple Store one night and they showed me how. I was either tapping too soft or too hard! Now I don't have any issues with it. I have used it, but don't always remember to!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use it much. Most of the "quick action" on the app icons are gimmicky to me. They don't really save time. I do like some of the peek actions. Like in messages where you can press on a contact and see the text message without showing your read receipt. That's cool. So I can leave read receipts on in Settings and use 3D Touch to peek at the messages.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally think the fingerprint sensor on the 6s is too fast so I wouldn't miss that. But I would definitely miss 3D Touch. I use it alllll the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR