I do NOT want to use my CrackBerry screen name here

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I want my iMore name back - not my CrackBerry name. My iMore screen name is NobodyListenstoLaura. My CrackBerry name is being displayed only and it tells me when I try to sign in on Chrome, that NLTL is not a valid screen name. I DO NOT want to use this passport thing. I want two different screen names. NLTL here and CS for CrackBerry. If I wanted the same name, I would have registered in both places with the same name.

I do not want my accounts linked. There is no option to unlink them.

Also, every time I click on a link, I'm signed out. I have to click on a topic, click sign in, click reply, click sign in again, enter my response, click enter, click sign in again, click enter a second time.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Laura - when the Passport thing was implemented, and you were setting that up, did you elect to link to your Crackberry log-in? And if you did, maybe someone can unlink accounts for you??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One person's meat is another person's poison.

One person's trash is another persons's treasure.

One person's convenience is another person's PITA.

Personally, I don’t get the need for this whole "passport" thing. I have an iPhone. I don’t want or need to post on the Crackberry or Android Central boards. Sometimes, change makes sense. Not this time.

And yes, it’s Curmudgeon Monday at my house.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
With the new passport feature, I doubt you'll be able to keep separate names. But send an email to sitesupport@mobilenations.com for help.

I'll send a nicely worded email. If I said what I was really feeling, I'd likely be banned. I wish we were given the option to keep two different accounts. Not everyone wants the ease of one account across the board.

Laura - when the Passport thing was implemented, and you were setting that up, did you elect to link to your Crackberry log-in? And if you did, maybe someone can unlink accounts for you??

No. This was the first time I logged in and I wasn't given the option to link or unlink any accounts. NLTL was deleted as I was able to reregister with it a few moments ago. ColdSunshine (from CB) was my only name both here and there.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Laura,

You should have seen a screen where you can pick which username you want to use going forward, when you logged in using Passport the first time. However, we can fix this.

Do you want to use "NobodyListenstoLaura" on CB as well, or would you prefer to keep them separate?

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The first time you logged in Passport should have asked you which account name wanted to keep. I see that you want to keep two separate accounts and that is possible, but you will have to login and logout when you toggle between the sites. I should have the accounts moved around in the next ten minutes.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
K I think we got it sorted out now. NobodyListenstoLaura is tied to your iMore account now, and ColdSunshine is tied to the CrackBerry account.

Please be aware that if you login to CrackBerry and then visit iMore, you will be logged in under "ColdSunshine". You have to log out and then log back in under "NobodyListenstoLaura" to post under the right account.

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I don’t get the need for this whole "passport" thing. I have an iPhone. I don’t want or need to post on the Crackberry or Android Central boards. Sometimes, change makes sense. Not this time.

The unified username part is just a small piece of our Passport plans, but yes there still some bugs that needs to be ironed out.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Laura I will split the accounts back out for you - please keep in mind that you will have logout and login to toggle the accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

K I think we got it sorted out now. NobodyListenstoLaura is tied to your iMore account now, and ColdSunshine is tied to the CrackBerry account.

Please be aware that if you login to CrackBerry and then visit iMore, you will be logged in under "ColdSunshine". You have to log out and then log back in under "NobodyListenstoLaura" to post under the right account.

You are my new hero. THANK YOU!!!!!!

I usually don't even bother to log in @ CB but I'll remember this. You're awesome.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Laura, if it makes you feel any better, I just unmoderated 2 of your posts - but THREE of Marcus'. If Marcus is being moderated, there's certainly a problem.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Laura, if it makes you feel any better, I just unmoderated 2 of your posts - but THREE of Marcus'. If Marcus is being moderated, there's certainly a problem.

That's like the mayor getting a speeding ticket from the chief of police.

It does make sense though to have you or one of the other mods approve posts from a new poster. Most of the time, it's someone who signs up, posts spam and then leaves.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That's like the mayor getting a speeding ticket from the chief of police.

It does make sense though to have you or one of the other mods approve posts from a new poster. Most of the time, it's someone who signs up, posts spam and then leaves.

More like Obama getting the speeding ticket. ;) Rene would be the Mayor. ;) LOL

But I'll tell you what, that's pretty cool to have the founder and CEO of Mobile Nations fix your account!!!! That's DAMN cool!!!!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
More like Obama getting the speeding ticket. ;) Rene would be the Mayor. ;) LOL

But I'll tell you what, that's pretty cool to have the founder and CEO of Mobile Nations fix your account!!!! That's DAMN cool!!!!

I am still very thankful to keep my accounts separate. I know a lot of people don't mind the one log in thing, but I do.

I still think it's funny Alli had to moderate his posts. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber