I did it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I purchased to a Mac Pro 13 inch. In the process of setting up. Retina display. Not the touch bar version though

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I am still downloading updates. Getting accustomed. Think I will like it. Now am all in Apple. It's pretty too. Lol
Faster on my Verizon internet then my HP
Came with a case and cleaner too

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I looked at the new MacBook Pro 15"s. Did not seem worth the upgrade from my late 2013 15" rMBP with d/gpu. Hope you like yours.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This is my first Mac Pro so I have nothing to compare it with
I also just ordered a casing for it. Don't want that silver casing scratched up.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Nice. You'll definitely enjoy it. I was always a Windows person for years and years, but then I got my first MacBook Pro in May 2011... I'm definitely more a Mac person since then! The thing about the Mac - it just works. Enjoy!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I purchased to a Mac Pro 13 inch. In the process of setting up. Retina display. Not the touch bar version though

Congratulations on your purchase @Jude526! :D

Must be so exciting. Did you end up getting the stock version or did you upgrade anything?

I still remember the day i go my first Macbook Pro. Ah, that was a good day. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Nice. You'll definitely enjoy it. I was always a Windows person for years and years, but then I got my first MacBook Pro in May 2011... I'm definitely more a Mac person since then! The thing about the Mac - it just works. Enjoy!

I also got mine in 2011. :D Was using Windows since... um.. i think XP days lol So it was a LONG time. But as soon as i got my Macbook. I never looked back and was so happy with it. Maybe i liked it so much because it was a fresh start and things looked different. No more stupid viruses causing issues. The Apple eco system is awesome and i think I'm turing into a small fan boy.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm jealous...LOL
Congratulations on your MBP. That's exactly the one I've been looking at....soon.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I also got mine in 2011. :D Was using Windows since... um.. i think XP days lol So it was a LONG time. But as soon as i got my Macbook. I never looked back and was so happy with it. Maybe i liked it so much because it was a fresh start and things looked different. No more stupid viruses causing issues. The Apple eco system is awesome and i think I'm turing into a small fan boy.

LOL, me too (except fangirl, in my case :p ). Actually, this thread really makes me think of what's going on with my Windows laptop lately - it completely froze three days in a row up until yesterday, which was really annoying. I ran all the scans available on it yesterday, but the only thing picked up was adware. I quickly shut it down after the last scan and just stuck with a Mac all day for my work. I also got my first Windows laptop when XP was the latest OS. The one with issues is Windows 7 (which I do like). I also have Boot Camp on one of my Macs and have Windows 10 on the Windows side of things with it, but I haven't logged into that side in months now.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a question though. I am not new to the iPad because we use at work. But am new to apple on my personal use. I have always used anti virus protectors. Do I need to get for my Mac pro?
thanks

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a question though. I am not new to the iPad because we use at work. But am new to apple on my personal use. I have always used anti virus protectors. Do I need to get for my Mac pro?
thanks

To be safe, i think you should. Even though Mac laptops don't get as many as Windows, they still get some. If you are just using say Youtube, Facebook (no clicking links) and using E-mail (no clicking dodgy links) then you should be absolutely fine and there is no need for Anti-virus. :)

I've personally been using mine for 5+ years no with no anti-virus and all has been fine. That being said, I'm quite careful about which websites i got to and i have Book marks for all my favourite websites just to make sure i go to the right one :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thx Marty. I am quite careful as well. I use a site for my job and just FB Ebay emailing. I don't go to just any sites. I will check into them though. I had VIPRE but it's not available for Apple. VIPRE is the best

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks

I would, yes. Originally, when I got my first MacBook Pro, I installed Sophos on it. After awhile, my friend told me that Sophos wasn't as good as it used to be, so I got rid of it in favor of Avast. You should definitely use an antivirus program because Macs have increasingly become targets for viruses and other malware over the past few years. Better to be safe than sorry!