I can't stop my iphone from sending text messages instead of iMessages

I

iMore Question

Last week my messages were taking forever to go through to my husband (we both have iphones and have imessaging turned on). So...I opted to send the message as a text message. This happened for another group of messages I was sending to a different person. Now, I can't get any of my messages to my husband to be sent as imessages. I've turned the imessage feature off then on, I've re-booted my phone; I checked his phone; I re-entered my Apple ID...NOTHING WORKS! However, when I try to send messages to a different person with an iphone, it works and sends the message as an imessage.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Try disabling and re-enabling iMessage on his phone. That should jump start it for you. Don't forget to reboot afterwards.

kathrynv1010

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling and re-enabling iMessage on his phone. That should jump start it for you. Don't forget to reboot afterwards.

Thanks...I did both of those things and it hasn't helped. I tried the Reset of the Network settings too. This worked, but I lost about 4 conversations in my messages.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ha... reset the network settings was the next thing I was going to recommend.

Glad you are working again and Welcome to iMore!!! :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I updated to iOS 7 it asked me if I wanted to update my network settings because VZW indeed had an update for the new iOS so that is what could have happened in your case.

bloodspun

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Is this the same for the 5c? I don't think my phone wants to send messages to people who don't have iPhones, but I might be wrong since I've only got like, two people to text anyway,

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is this the same for the 5c? I don't think my phone wants to send messages to people who don't have iPhones, but I might be wrong since I've only got like, two people to text anyway,

iMessages only work between iPhones. Any other phone it will be sent as a text message.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73