I can't see my facebook chat on my iphone 7

I

iMore Question

Facebook chat sidebar doesn't show on my iphone 7 anymore

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
it was in the upper left corner. They added a new camera option, so now it's in the upper right corner.
9978cbedfe3b33e14279d0c797dd6101.jpg

Katherine Wood

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Me too! It's infuriating. I use the feature all the time. Why would they get rid of that? Any way to download an earlier version or something? I'm ready to delete the app completely.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Me too! It's infuriating. I use the feature all the time. Why would they get rid of that? Any way to download an earlier version or something? I'm ready to delete the app completely.

If you have a previous version in your iTunes you can install that, but that would only be the case if you sync with iTunes. If not, then you're stuck with the current.

is the messenger icon Keith showed not what you wanted? Sorry for my ignorance :) I know there was a chat area before but just assumed it took you to messenger.

tddone

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
This is ridiculous, why did they remove that, snapchat wanna be. Anyway I do have an older version of FB on my ITunes how do I load it back on to my iphone7. Excuse the ignorance please

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If Y'all mean the right side bar menu of friends, I don't see that anymore either. But you might check out the "nearby friends" feature in the main menu. Location will need to be set to "always".
bd8750dc0e040d621ea36772afeef3bd.jpg

Jannlanz

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
This is infuriating. Is this a permanent change? I have tried to contact FB but of course they don't answer. I use my sidebar all the time. Strange that it's still working fine on many of my friend's phones that have the current updates.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is infuriating. Is this a permanent change? I have tried to contact FB but of course they don't answer. I use my sidebar all the time. Strange that it's still working fine on many of my friend's phones that have the current updates.

They do that way. My wife got the profile pic in the middle before I did. Everyone will get it sooner or later. Unless they get too many complaints. They might add it back.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We don't really know if it's permanent. My guess is it's permanent, but only until enough people complain like @Ledsteplin said!

Jannlanz

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Yes my friend that thought she dodged the bullet got hit last night and hers stopped working. Any suggestions on the most effective way to submit complaints? Thank you so much!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes my friend that thought she dodged the bullet got hit last night and hers stopped working. Any suggestions on the most effective way to submit complaints? Thank you so much!

Scroll down the main menu in the Facebook app to "Help and Support". Choose "report a problem".