I can't find iPhotos on my MacBook Pro--and my photos aren't in the Photos app, either. Where can they be?

I

iMore Question

I can't find iPhotos on my MacBook Pro--and my photos aren't in the Photos app, either.

I have an older MacBook Pro (2010) and recently upgraded to Yosemite, v 10.10.4 (worst thing I ever did).

Suddenly, when I go to find my iPhotos program, it doesn't exist any more. And my photos aren't in Photos, either. I'm kind of freaking out--these are all my photos, from years and years...please please don't let them be gone. I do have a external backup drive, so hopefully things are stored there?

Very anxious to hear help from the community on this. Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't find iPhotos on my MacBook Pro--and my photos aren't in the Photos app, either.

When I upgraded to Yosemite, all of my previous photos were already present in the Photos app. When I upgrade to OS X El Capitan beta, those photos are still present. I assume you may have deleted them by mistake being that you said you 'recently upgrade to Yosemite", but didn't say when the photos a;;agedly disappeared. Anyway, check out the information via the following links.

How to import your iPhoto Library into Photos for OS X | iMore

Photos for OS X FAQ: What you need to know! | iMore