I am thinking about switching to the iPhone, do you think Apple will add a real keyboard anytime soon?

I

iMore Question

I am thinking about switching to the Iphone

Do you think that apple will ad a real keyboard any time soon? you know, like the ones on the Blackberry? THe keyboard is awesome, but i really want to try Iphone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am thinking about switching to the Iphone

Welcome to iMore! I can't say that Apple, or any manufacturer for that matter, will add physical keyboards to their devices again in the foreseeable future. The public demands small bezels and big screens, all while keeping devices as small as possible, and physical keyboards inhibit that. There are several third party accessory makers offering keyboard cases though, just in case you absolutely need physical buttons on your phone.

Daniel Broad

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

I agree, we won't see a physical keyboard from Apple.

I know people who are still sticking with Blackberry because they think they have to have a physical keyboard, they might be right but i think overall they are missing out.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I agree, we won't see a physical keyboard from Apple.

I know people who are still sticking with Blackberry because they think they have to have a physical keyboard, they might be right but i think overall they are missing out.

I should have specified that any manufacturer that isn't BlackBerry won't be putting a physical keyboard on their devices anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I do quite miss my slider phones though and would ~probably~ purchase another one if a manufacturer were to build a high-end phone with the slider. I dislike Blackberry's keyboard and would prefer a full length board. I used a Samsung Stratosphere a few years ago and it was pretty great.

I've enjoyed the phablets as while I don't find the touch keyboards ideal, at least the screens are large enough that I don't feel like I'm losing something by having a keyboard cover it.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

Welcome to iMore, I doubt that Apple will ever add a physical keyboard to iPhone but they do sell 3rd party keyboards that you can add to the iPhone. It fits like a case

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I do quite miss my slider phones though and would ~probably~ purchase another one if a manufacturer were to build a high-end phone with the slider. I dislike Blackberry's keyboard and would prefer a full length board. I used a Samsung Stratosphere a few years ago and it was pretty great.

I've enjoyed the phablets as while I don't find the touch keyboards ideal, at least the screens are large enough that I don't feel like I'm losing something by having a keyboard cover it.

The problem I've always had with sliders is bulk. I've owned a few and they're just really thick. Leave it to Apple to find a way to make it thin though!

jevinzac

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

The problem I've always had with sliders is bulk. I've owned a few and they're just really thick. Leave it to Apple to find a way to make it thin though!

yeah by reducing the battery capacity. saw the new BB slider with 3410mah battery and super slim body? :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711