I am just about to purchase an iPhone with Virgin in BC, Vancouver area and need some advice. Is poor customer service a reason not to go with a carri

I

iMore Question

I am just about to purchase an iPhone with Virgin in BC, Vancouver area and need some advice.

Coverage is reported good, supported by Bell and Telus, and the cost is intermediate for a 2 year contract. What worries me is that I read the reviews online and the customer service is reported as awful by a lot of unhappy customers. In your experience, should this be a reason to ditch the purchase?Does anyone out there have any knowledge about the Virgin Mobile customer service? or any other drawbacks I should be aware of with the Virgin. I have been with the big 3 before and now I am trying to save a bit of $ but don?t want to walk into a landline.
Thanks
worried

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I am just about to purchase an iPhone with Virgin in BC, Vancouver area and need some advice.

This is a great question and applaud you for asking it - The easy part. The hard part is really giving you an answer because nobody knows your finances better than you. We in the states go through it and I just did w/ VZW and their new plans. I bought my new iPhone 6 for the $299.00 price for a 64GB and elected not to go with the new plans because I was not going to pay full retain even over time or an extra $20.00 /mo. I got grandfathered at $50.00 /mo end of story.

What I am trying to say is all of the solid comments you made while could be us are not and you will have to make up your mind after talking to Virgin and do what is what you feel to be best. God luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am just about to purchase an iPhone with Virgin in BC, Vancouver area and need some advice.

I've never used Virgin Mobile so I'm unfamiliar with their customer service and their service in general. Having said that, I believe you get what you pay for. With that in mind, ask yourself what is more important to 'you'? Good cellular and data coverage as well as call quality or customer service? Think hard before you commit to a 2 yr. agreement.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's always complaints wherever you go.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Coverage is reported good, supported by Bell and Telus, and the cost is intermediate for a 2 year contract. What worries me is that I read the reviews online and the customer service is reported as awful by a lot of unhappy customers. In your experience, should this be a reason to ditch the purchase?Does anyone out there have any knowledge about the Virgin Mobile customer service? or any other drawbacks I should be aware of with the Virgin. I have been with the big 3 before and now I am trying to save a bit of $ but don?t want to walk into a landline.
Thanks
worried

I hope the VM customer service is better than the one that we have in the US. I think it's a completely different branch but honestly, if they use the same call centers, it'll be awful.

-Used to work for the subsidiaries of Sprint, Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Virgin Canada is 100% not in anyway affiliated with Virgin US. It's a subsidiary of Bell but runs completely apart from Bell with its own procedures.

I've yet to have a customer complaint about Virgin.

full disclosure, work for Bell, sell Bell/Virgin, but migrate customers all the time.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Virgin is a subsidiary of Bell, just as Fido is a subsidiary of Telus. I have family who use Virgin in B.C. ( Vancouver & Nanaimo ) and they have never had issues. You should be absolutely fine. Always remember that you will read many more complaints online than you will satisfaction stories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro