Hulu for ATV2?

wags1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Any word on when/if ATV2 will get Hulu? The biggest issue I see with ATV2 right now is lack of content. Having Hulu would be a big step forward.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Any word on when/if ATV2 will get Hulu? The biggest issue I see with ATV2 right now is lack of content. Having Hulu would be a big step forward.

I don't see that happening... Apple is trying to rent TV shows... Hulu is giving them away... what's the upside for ATV? At least with things like NETFLIX, MLB.TV AND NBA , there are revenue streams that Apple can take a cut of...

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I don't see that happening... Apple is trying to rent TV shows... Hulu is giving them away... what's the upside for ATV? At least with things like NETFLIX, MLB.TV AND NBA , there are revenue streams that Apple can take a cut of...

Does Apple get revenue from Netflix? If so, couldn't they get revenue from Hulu as well? I pay a fee to both Netflix and Hulu each month. Seems like if Apple is getting rev from Netflix, should be able to get it from Hulu.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does Apple get revenue from Netflix? If so, couldn't they get revenue from Hulu as well? I pay a fee to both Netflix and Hulu each month. Seems like if Apple is getting rev from Netflix, should be able to get it from Hulu.

I haven't seen the books, but I can't imagine that Jobs & Co would not shake them down for something - they're getting 30% for in-app purchases... but I also thought Hulu was shying away from anything "big screen" and concentrating on computers, mobile devices, etc...

I could be wrong... it's happened before...

wags1

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

In order to have access to Hulu content on iPhones/Ipads currently you need to subscribe to Hulu+ which is a monthly subscription service like NetFlix. Apple should be able to get a cut of the Hulu monthly subscription price just like they probably do with NetFlix for having Hulu on ATV2. I don't think that is the issue. I could be wrong...

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the books, but I can't imagine that Jobs & Co would not shake them down for something - they're getting 30% for in-app purchases... but I also thought Hulu was shying away from anything "big screen" and concentrating on computers, mobile devices, etc...

I could be wrong... it's happened before...

Hulu is on the Roku box, almost the same thing as the ATV

SC Apple User

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
In another thread this was posted. I did test it and it works:
I lucked upon a way to play Hulu Plus from my iPad to my Apple TV. I can launch Flixster, start watching a trailer, hit the Home button, launch Hulu Plus and pick a show to watch and it plays on my Apple TV. This didn't work trying my Videos app first. So far it only works by launching Flixster, watching a trailer, then going to Hulu Plus. Seems to stay connected until I completely close Flixster or Hulu Plus.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
In another thread this was posted. I did test it and it works:
I lucked upon a way to play Hulu Plus from my iPad to my Apple TV. I can launch Flixster, start watching a trailer, hit the Home button, launch Hulu Plus and pick a show to watch and it plays on my Apple TV. This didn't work trying my Videos app first. So far it only works by launching Flixster, watching a trailer, then going to Hulu Plus. Seems to stay connected until I completely close Flixster or Hulu Plus.

Neat little trick, will have to test later today!! Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh