HowTo: Hard Resetting Your 8 Plus

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes if your phone is acting up, or if an app is giving you a hard time you can hard reset your phone to help things begin running smoothly again. This does not delete or remove anything from the phone, it merely reboots it.

Quickly press and let go of the Volume Up button
Quickly press and let go of the Volume Down button
Hold down the Power button for 10 seconds or until you see the Apple logo.
Allow the phone to reboot. You'll be greeted with the screen to input your 6 digit code.

This can be tricky, and sometimes you might see the slide to power off button on the screen. When this happens I've found it easier to try the hard reset from the lock screen.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
LOL same here! It made a loud siren noise and I saw it was connecting to 911! I said well that way doesn't work anymore! I had to google it to find the new way to reboot.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes if your phone is acting up, or if an app is giving you a hard time you can hard reset your phone to help things begin running smoothly again. This does not delete or remove anything from the phone, it merely reboots it.

Quickly press and let go of the Volume Up button
Quickly press and let go of the Volume Down button
Hold down the Power button for 10 seconds or until you see the Apple logo.
Allow the phone to reboot. You'll be greeted with the screen to input your 6 digit code.

This can be tricky, and sometimes you might see the slide to power off button on the screen. When this happens I've found it easier to try the hard reset from the lock screen.

I just got the 8+ (had 6s) last week. Have tried this hard reset several times. I always end up with the “swipe off” button.

Also what is the 6 digit code?

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Sorry all.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 8+ (had 6s) last week. Have tried this hard reset several times. I always end up with the “swipe off” button.

Also what is the 6 digit code?

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Sorry all.

The 6 digit code is your Apple ID pin #.
It’s the code you put in when your fingerprint doesn’t work or after a reset or update. There are other times it is asked for as well. Such as going in to make changes to your security settings or iCloud etc.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Keep the button depressed, it'll bypass the swipe button and it will reboot. Apologies for not answering sooner, was on vacation.

Didn't answer your other question since it was already answered by @Westiemom. (Thank you!)