How would you feel about a 2nd notch that housed a home button finger-print reader?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
This may have been asked elsewhere, if so, please forgive me. How would you feel about a 2nd notch that housed a home button finger-print reader? IMG_0358.JPG

I was looking at one of my work phones, a 6s and the outline of the screen protector around the home button and it made me consider this: A 6.5” device with 2 notches accommodating Face ID and a home button/fingerprint scanner. I think I wouldn’t mind such a design.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Another Notch

It'd be more intrusive than the current notch is. If Apple really cared about bringing Touch ID back they'd probably make it work under the display itself.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Well that'd be an iPhone I would avoid like the plague. That just doesn't sound appealing to me.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site

I don’t think Apple has any desire to invest more time or money into Touch ID. Face ID is here to stay I think, and will become the new standard.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This may have been asked elsewhere, if so, please forgive me. How would you feel about a 2nd notch that housed a home button finger-print reader? View attachment 121781

I was looking at one of my work phones, a 6s and the outline of the screen protector around the home button and it made me consider this: A 6.5” device with 2 notches accommodating Face ID and a home button/fingerprint scanner. I think I wouldn’t mind such a design.

Nah!....I’m not a fan of the current notch......Great question, though.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, we just need Face ID to evolve and work even better than it already does. I’m glad to be one of those pushing it forward.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Good question. Not for me. Originally went to the 8 Plus because I had concerns about Face ID. Boy was I wrong. 8 Plus was a great phone but the X really is where it's happening. I find Face ID works exactly as it should and almost all apps have been optimized to utilize it. I'd be surprised to see Touch ID on any of the next iPhone's. I really don't miss Touch ID at all.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No, one or the other for me, I read here on iMore some where that a company made an under screen touch id, now if Apple could get a hold of that and perfect it that'll be nice. I'm not a fan of face id yet.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
To be able to have both would be nice but would add a lot of expense. Face ID is pretty good now, as I keep saying, it’ll get even better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner