How/where to sell your iPhone for the most $$$

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
As the title states, what's the best way to do it? I have found some sites that will purchase it and I listed on Craigslist along with the multiple other iPhone sellers. Any advice? Will jailbreaking and unlocking yield me better offers? Thanks in advance.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to throw mine up on EBAY, the sad truth is though that you should not expect to get much more then 200-300 even for a 3GS. As for unlocking, I really don't see that adding much value to it since TMO is the only other carrier that it can run on in the states and you can't use 3G with it.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Iquinn are those your expected prices for a 16gb or 32gb? I'm selling a 32gb but don't know how much I should really expect to get out of it.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
You can throw it up on Craigslist.
Just make up your own price, say $400. I think you can get more on Crasiglist than eBay right now for iPhones since theres so many for sale on eBay.
And if no one bites, you didn't lose any money since it's free to list.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Selling

If you want to sell I would check all the sites like kijiji,ebay & craigslist to see the price range based on condition and then you can price yours. Then take some good pictures and include as much info about it is it JBable, unlockable, any warranty left, etc then see who bites and be prepared to be lowballed.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I put mine up on CL and figured I wouldn't get more than $250, so I started at $300. I received 8 emails in 20 minutes and someone picked up within an hour. I had a 16gb 3GS, with a small crack on the bottom, near the home button. I checked later in the day and people had theirs up for $400-$500.

My co-worker posted his on eBay, with a Buy-it-Now option, for $300. His sold literally in 5 minutes. Not exaggerating at all.

I started thinking I may have under-sold mine. Either way, I'm just glad I wont be out any cash to upgrade.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As the title states, what's the best way to do it? I have found some sites that will purchase it and I listed on Craigslist along with the multiple other iPhone sellers. Any advice? Will jailbreaking and unlocking yield me better offers? Thanks in advance.

Don't sell it! Gazelle it! Sorry, I love the macbreak weekly podcast and they advertise for gazelle constantly. It seems like a good website, for instance if you have a good condition 3GS 32 GB, they will pay you $272, which is almost retail. Here's the link if your interested!

Gazelle It!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I put mine up on CL and figured I wouldn't get more than $250, so I started at $300. I received 8 emails in 20 minutes and someone picked up within an hour. I had a 16gb 3GS, with a small crack on the bottom, near the home button. I checked later in the day and people had theirs up for $400-$500.

My co-worker posted his on eBay, with a Buy-it-Now option, for $300. His sold literally in 5 minutes. Not exaggerating at all.

I started thinking I may have under-sold mine. Either way, I'm just glad I wont be out any cash to upgrade.

Possibly, but you moved it quickly. You did good.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
It's a question of money vs. convenience.

Gazelle is convenient - you pay for shipping, you just put it in a a box and get a check later.

But you take a hit with the money. If you want the most, eBay is probably the way to go.

Me, I am just looking to get the cost of the next phone covered.

Chris

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't sell it! Gazelle it! Sorry, I love the macbreak weekly podcast and they advertise for gazelle constantly. It seems like a good website, for instance if you have a good condition 3GS 32 GB, they will pay you $272, which is almost retail. Here's the link if your interested!

Gazelle It!

I'd rather not when they are only willing to give $226 for a 16GB 3GS in "Perfect" condition.. Screw that! I can easily get at least $350 for it, if not $450.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
the times change

It's funny cause just last year when the 3Gs just out I bought a brand new 16 3G for 350 and sold it for 500 lol now it would be worth pocket lint LOL

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather not when they are only willing to give $226 for a 16GB 3GS in "Perfect" condition.. Screw that! I can easily get at least $350 for it, if not $450.

I was suggesting it because it's convenient. And $226 isn't that bad considering the phone retails for $199. Although you are correct that you can get it for more on ebay, was just telling op of another option :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I was suggesting it because it's convenient. And $226 isn't that bad considering the phone retails for $199. Although you are correct that you can get it for more on ebay, was just telling op of another option :)

Retails for $199 on a two year contract though.
Off contract, it retails for freaking $599. I'm not selling a $600 phone for $225 :p