How well are smartcovers suppose to stay closed?

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
How well are the smartcovers suppose to stay magnetically closed? I may be a victim of a counterfeit smart cover.

I got orange polyurethane version from Amazon and noticed it doesn't stay closed too well.

The sleep/wake function works well but when I close it and carry it around the minute I pick it up its just falls open.

Mine seemed to have a very legit packing and lettering and it has been lasting well (no major wear and tear signs) but just doesn't stay closed too well like the magnets are really weak or something.

Are all of them suppose to be like that?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How well are the smartcovers suppose to stay magnetically closed? I may be a victim of a counterfeit smart cover.

I got orange polyurethane version from Amazon and noticed it doesn't stay closed too well.

The sleep/wake function works well but when I close it and carry it around the minute I pick it up its just falls open.

Mine seemed to have a very legit packing and lettering and it has been lasting well (no major wear and tear signs) but just doesn't stay closed too well like the magnets are really weak or something.

Are all of them suppose to be like that?

I have a default Apple smart cover and it stays tightly closed. I purchased it last year when I bought my iPad 2 and it is as snug as it was the day I bought it and does not flap around at all. If I were you, I'd send it back, if applicable, and replace it with an Apple smart cover.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the black leather oem smartcover and have had no issues with the magnet. See what the return policy is and contact the seller if possible.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with @Garz, he has it right, you have something after market. Mine is locked tight and I have not see Orange by Apple.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could get orange lol I got grey and works fine .. I would return it if not Rma it with amazon they are very good to there customers just like apple

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Here on the UK Apple Store there are no Smart Covers in orange, so I would say you have been a victim of counterfeiting. I agree with the others, send it back for a refund.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro