How to use Check In on iOS 17: Stay safe, track your friends, get peace of mind

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I think this is a terrible feature. Just imagine how much easier this could make stalking and spying and other associated nastinesses . Look at the grief the Air Tag is still causing. How long before Google adds all this data to their sales list ? It won’t be long before you’ll be getting messages saying “ We see you are at … why don’t you take the opportunity to … “

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I think this is a terrible feature. Just imagine how much easier this could make stalking and spying and other associated nastinesses . Look at the grief the Air Tag is still causing. How long before Google adds all this data to their sales list ? It won’t be long before you’ll be getting messages saying “ We see you are at … why don’t you take the opportunity to … “
You know you need to initiate the feature, as the person travelling?

By extension, it means that you know that your location is getting shared. It’s not something a third-party will get automatically (through this feature directly).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
But indirectly ? when everyone and his dog is trying to find everything out about you ? At the best of it for commercial purposes. If you think that Apple’s semi partner in some endeavours “Google ,“ will not take advantage you are a far less suspicious person than I.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77