How to unlock iPhone 5?

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, i was wondering if there was any way to unlock an iPhone 5 for free? and if not, whats the name of an *app* that can unlock the iPhone? I dont mean a website, like are there any apps (on a computer) that can unlock an iphone 5?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can try calling your service provider and ask them to do it for you for free.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
the problem is that the phone was bought with sprint, but we do not have a sprint account anymore. The phone does not have a contract with any provider, however it is locked with sprint. So if i call they will not unlock it unless i start a contract.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ETF + initial cost < cost of unlocked phone

Paying the etf gets you, not the phone, out of the contract. It's a bit disingenuous to claim the phone isn't under contract to sprint.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone off of someone else. The phone was dropped and had a scratch, so he wanted to get rid of it. Apparently he payed the ETF and then sold the iPhone to me for $400. I do not know if he lost money. But that doesnt really matter to me. Im just trying to find a way to unlock it because its still locked with sprint. But all the websites i look at, you gotta pay. Im trying to find a free one. Btw, is this website legit? FREE Unlock ANY iPhone 5,iPhone 4 04.12.02/04.12.01/04.11.08 iPhone 4S and iPhone 3GS

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Keeya, it matters to you in that the ETF doesn't get the phone unlocked. You mentioned the contract status of the phone. I pointed out you were incorrect in making that claim, and you remain so.

You'll be hard pressed to find a free one. From what I've seen, unlocking the Sprint version is usually a bit more costly than unlocking the AT&T phone. You might end up being better off selling that particular phone and buying either the AT&T phone or a Verizon version if you were looking for the CDMA version.

As for the site you linked, it doesn't load when I try and I've never used it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods