How to Turn Off Voice control

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It was not a helpful suggestion. The fact that you don't find something a problem is not relevant to all the other people who do. If you don't know how to solve their problem, it's probably best to stay out of the thread.

I offered a perfectly viable suggestion. Perhaps you should take your own advice considering you haven't offered anything constructive in this thread.

Lee Stoneman

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Wouldn't an easy workaround be to simply not long press your home button? I'm not questioning your desire to disable voice control--to each his/her own--but what other reason would there be to hold down the home button?

So what you're say is "You're holding it wrong."?

Typical iOS user response.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, he's saying do what is neccessary to not accidentally press the home button in a way that brings that up. It's not something that ever happens much at all. I never heard of it until this post.
If you have a helpful suggestion, let's hear it!

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

If you say so, buddy. I was simply offering an alternative. Is it perfect? No. I don't see any other workaround though, unless you have something of value to add to this conversation.

That being said, welcome to iMore. I recommend taking a moment to review our Community Rules & Guidelines. Enjoy our community.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeahWells